Close this message
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Former Disney writer and editor, well versed in children's literature and sassy entertainment shizzle. I love collaborating on projects!
Sign up below to request a quote.
Former writer for Disney, the BBC, the Guardian, and Virgin Media with 15+ years of experience in print and online media.
Based in Kelowna, BC, Canada, but from London, England. Available for freelance gigs.
Content strategy and content creation for FreshGrade, a suite of apps designed for Teachers, Parents, and Students.
The Walt Disney Company
I worked with an inspiring creative team, where I managed a team of creative writers and in-house translators. My responsibilities included:
• Managing individual performance and development of writers and translators.
• Providing direction on story, character design, voice and tone, and the in-house style guide.
• Establishing and maintaining the quality of editorial content across all platforms.
• Writing and approving editorial content for and the Club Penguin app.
• Projects include Club Penguin Magazine, publishing for North America and EMEA, Club Penguin mobile app, and animated shorts for YouTube.
Responsible for the general oversight of the Editorial team, and first point of contact for their daily tasks.
• Developed Club Penguin's voice and tone, and ensured its use in all projects.
• Reviewed, edited, and approved content for and third party publishing.
• Projects included publishing, commercials, blogs, magazines, and toy merchandise
The Walt Disney Company
Created weekly in-world content for Club Penguin, Disney's #1 virtual world for kids.
• Wove together ideas, content, and lore from multiple sources into a compelling story.
• Responsible for planning, writing, and coordinating copy and other assets.
• Projects included Nintendo DS game, publishing, commercials, blogs, magazines, and trading cards.
Wrote and created layout of entertaining content for CBeebies Weekly, #1 selling children's magazine.
• Proofread and copy edited to a high standard in accordance with the house style.
• Ensured that all final proofs had been thoroughly checked to meet quality standards.
• Commissioned content from freelance contributors, including photographs and illustrations.
I'm a full-time freelance writer with more than 100 books published for children and young adults. Let's tell your story together.
New York, NY, United States
Bestselling author and ghostwriter for fascinating people.
Long Island, NY, United States