Close this message
Kelowna, BC, Canada
Former Disney writer and editor, well versed in children's literature and sassy entertainment shizzle. I love collaborating on projects!
Sign up below to request a quote.
I am an innovative Writer, Producer, and Editor combining a Master’s Degree in Electronics Communication and Publishing with fifteen years of experience in the digital media industry.
Over the years I've dabbled in journalism, writing self-help articles, natural health tips, and music reviews. My passion and expertise is in children's content and telling cultural stories to a young audience. I bring a proven record of accomplishments for global leaders such as Disney and the BBC. Over the years, I've been involved in the creation of award-winning storylines, character designs and interactive animation for websites, tv, mobile apps and print.
I'm a confident communicator who enjoys building strong working relationships with key client stakeholders to achieve results. I'm experienced in working with designers, illustrators, big name publishers, and small clients with big dreams.
I'm currently based in Kelowna, BC, Canada, but I'm originally from London, England. While I'm adept at writing in American English, but my English style and sense of humour shines through. As I like to say, you can take the girl out of London, but you can't take the London out of the girl.
Available for freelance gigs.
Content strategy and content creation for FreshGrade, a suite of apps designed for Teachers, Parents, and Students.
The Walt Disney Company
• Mentored a team of writers and international translators in the development of the storyline and character design for the Club Penguin brand across web, mobile applications, animated shorts and publishing platforms
• Created engaging content to high-quality standards across all platforms
• Integral in the creation of Disney’s Club Penguin mobile app with 11M+ downloads
• Responsible for in-game copy, content marketing, and press release for the Sled Racer mobile app with 2M+ downloads
• Contributed the development of television specials: We Wish You A Merry Walrus, Monster Beach Party and Halloween Panic as well as magazines and animated shorts for YouTube
• Provided oversight to a diverse team of local writers and international translators in the development of the voice and tone for Club Penguin as well as third party publishing
• Wrote and edited creative content for social media, commercials, magazines and toy merchandise for the Club Penguin brand
• Guided freelance writers on third-party projects and brand voice optimization across publishing, launching three successful Pick Your Path books in partnership with Grosset and Dunlap
The Walt Disney Company
Created weekly in-world content for Club Penguin, Disney's #1 virtual world for kids.
• Wove together ideas, content, and lore from multiple sources into a compelling story.
• Responsible for planning, writing, and coordinating copy and other assets.
• Projects included Nintendo DS game, publishing, commercials, blogs, magazines, and trading cards.
Wrote and created layout of entertaining content for CBeebies Weekly, #1 selling children's magazine.
• Proofread and copy edited to a high standard in accordance with the house style.
• Ensured that all final proofs had been thoroughly checked to meet quality standards.
• Commissioned content from freelance contributors, including photographs and illustrations.