• Extensive post-secondary education experience in classroom & laboratory instruction, program direction, professional development (continuing medical education), and national executive leadership in healthcare education, accreditation, compliance, and credentialing
• Editor of medical and scientific reports for journals for non-English speaking professionals
• Authored and developed a web-based Program Assessment Exam (PAE) for the Accreditation Review Committee for Surgical Technology (ARC-ST) as an outcomes-based accreditation external validation tool
• Published author and executive editor of health science and basic science textbooks
• Experienced physician assessment medical report writer for multiple state medical boards
• Author of multiple national healthcare credentialing exams
• Developed outcome-based assessment systems for the Colorado Governor’s Trust Fund Board for Traumatic Brain Injury, Center for Personalized Education for Physicians (CPEP), and Accreditation Review Committee for Surgical Technology (ARC-ST) with benchmarks & algorithm templates to increase interpretation of outcomes data
• Authored national core curricula and accreditation standards for Surgical Technology. Surgical Assisting, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Dental Assisting-Basic, Dental Assisting-Advanced, Emergency Medical Technician-Basic, Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic, Medical Billing and Coding & Pharmacologic Technology
• Developed, designed and implemented instruction manuals, study materials, policy and procedure manuals, marketing brochures, and marketing websites
• Author of Program Effectiveness Plan (PEP) for the Accreditation Bureau for Health Education Schools (ABHES) to assist schools in quality education outcomes tracking and reporting
• Successfully authored government grants for programs and projects related to traumatic brain injury
• Authored organizational strategic plans for the Association of Surgical Technologists (AST); Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado (BIAC); and Greater Castle Rock Artists Guild (GCRAG)
Anatomy and physiology, a key part of the core curriculum in surgical technology, is the central basic science course around which the knowledge of surgical technology revolves. However, most conventional A&P books do not cover the surgical aspects of anatomy and physiology that the Core Curriculum for Surgical Technology requires. Surgical Anatomy and Physiology for the Surgical Technologist ... read more
Microbiology is part of the core curriculum in surgical technology. It may be presented as a separate course in a two-year program or integrated into a variety of courses in a one-year program. Typically microbiology is taught by a member of the surgical technology program. This text is a comprehensive treatment of the disease-causing organisms that may present with a surgical patient or devel... read more
Will be shipped from US. Used books may not include companion materials, may have some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, may not include CDs or access codes. 100% money back guarantee.
basic technological science requirements for current and future surgical practice: computer, electricity, physics, and robotics.
Surgical Technology for the Surgical Technologist - Study Guide with Lab Manual (3rd, 10) by [Paperback (2009)]
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.