I am an experienced Freelance Copy Editor/Proofreader located in Ottawa, Canada. I would be a great Freelance Copy Editor/Proofreader for your text, due to the fact that I have 22 years of editing and proofreading experience. I have had quite a strong and varied 22-year copy editing career as a professional & freelancer in Canada and the United States, for print and online. While I was a stay-at-home mom (2008-16), I was able to obtain many freelance editing and proofreading jobs. Currently, I’m the Communications Officer for cybersecurity company Xahive, as well as a freelance transcript proofreader for U.S. transcription company eScribers. Previously, I was a freelance editor for the Ottawa Business Journal (business newspaper) and an office administrator for The Edge Taekwon-Do Academy. Plus, before my freelancing jobs, I have worked professionally, at several publications (including Metro Ottawa newspaper, Metro Toronto newspaper, Nepean This Week weekly newspaper, Crain’s New York business newspaper InvestmentNews, and the Orlando Sentinel newspaper) as a copy editor or editor. And, I had to copy edit & proofread my own work, which was then reviewed by my supervisor. Samantha P.
Edit and proofread clients' various texts/websites.
• Editing/proofreading various court transcripts.
• Edit various texts for cybersecurity company.
• Edited entire website.
• Edited Cybersecurity Manual for Financial Institutions.
• Editing enhanced every single ad’s overall impact, as well as clarified its meaning.
• Compiled & edited listing page(s); also designed entire special sections, complete with ads and editorial.
• Edited and created marketing materials, such as sell sheets, media kits, promo ads & newspaper-box slash cards.
• Designed & edited ads, both on speculation or those that were booked, from clients’ materials/ideas.
• Designed innovative ads in Adobe CS, CS2 or QuarkXPress under daily deadlines.
• Managed & organized entire Graphics & Production Department myself; organized newspaper archives.
• Designed/modified ads in QuarkXPress, Photoshop or Illustrator, then edited each & every ad for clarity.
• Edited sports, features, news and business pages for CP style, errors and libel.
• Edited Your Money and Moving Up and other monthly special sections/features.
• Contributed to design & editing of Fashion, Mind & Body and Home Fashion sections.
• Assisted in posting articles to Metro’s CMS for website, which included ensuring each stories’ accuracy and clarity.
• Edited most of newspaper’s copy for style, consistency, spelling, grammar, punctuation and libel.
• Responsible for Markets pages, gathered fund information from Lipper Inc., then formatted to InvestmentNews style.
• Edited Sports, News, Features & Sports for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, consistency and libel, under daily
deadlines, for all five newspaper editions.
• Checked for section accuracy while press was rolling and made corrections and/or substitutions.
• Designed and laid out several pages on CCI, as well as assisted other team members, all while under daily deadlines, again.
• Edited and designed news pages, including the front page.
• Edited and found content for the newspaper's TV book, called TVTribune.
• Acted as Photo Editor for the pages I worked on.
Rebecca Trovatelli thought for sure she d be in a better place when she reached her 30s. Yet here it is, her 33rd birthday, and she is only doing well at one thing: waiting. Waiting for her career to finally go in the direction she wants. Waiting for her children to finally listen to her. Waiting for the love of her life to realize he s ready to commit. In the meantime, she is haphazardly navi... read more
The Right One is the beginning of a series, where thirty-something Marly has just been dumped for the fourth time, and it’s left her reeling. All she’s ever wanted was a husband, a house, some kids, and maybe, just maybe, a little acceptance. That it hasn’t happened yet perhaps shouldn’t come as a surprise: Marly knows she can be a bit of a control freak who suffers from just a touch of hypoch... read more
Revised and Copy-editedOne day. Abigail Wilson. meets up with some family friends who have just bought a large yacht. She notices a handsome stranger at the pier, who notices her right back. Her friends extend an invitation to Abigail and her niece and nephew to stay on the boat overnight but she is worried and reluctant. Once on board. everything starts out quite fine. until her host leaves t... read more
In Never in Your Wildest Dreams, Natalie Ledwell takes you on the journey of Katherine Murray, who moves from extreme debt, depression, and despair to superstar award-winning screenwriter status in record time. Ledwell's book reveals the exact steps, inspired by her own quest for success, to achieving any goal you set or have never even dreamed of yet. This unique Interactive System not only t... read more
Millions of people watched The Battle of the Sexes in 1973, but no one knew more about the historic tennis match than a 14 year-old boy. While the world s eyes were focused on Bobby Riggs, the self-proclaimed king of male chauvinist pigs, and Billie Jean King, the defender of feminism, Richard Muscio saw the match through the headlines of the day, headlines he had carefully clipped and saved a... read more
Things can t get much worse for Sophie Gray. She s going through a divorce, can t find work, and is on the verge of filing for bankruptcy. She s at her wit s end, and when she makes an appointment with high-power attorney Austin O Neal, she s certain she can t sink much lower. But her appointment with Austin goes nothing as she anticipated. Instead of starting the bankruptcy proceedings, he ch... read more
Gigi, a French orphan partakes in the creation of the Statue of Liberty between 1865 and 1886. The story of the statue’s creation is real. The dates, the people, the places, and the events are as are real. Only Gigi and her friend, Jacques, are fictitious. Gigi is the embodiment of liberty who ties the history together with her love of freedom enlightening the world.
Five stars! San Francisco Book Review (August 2014) "A life-altering coming-of-age story filled with magic and imagination." Five Stars! Midwest Reviews, Diane Donovan (May 2014) "Those seeking powerful . . . sagas will find it engrossing." No BS Reviews in New World Authors, by Nick LeVar (June 2014) "This was one of the best novels I've read in a long time. It is a fast, easy read, and if yo... read more
Award-Winning Finalist in the "Business: Personal Finance/Investing" category of the 2014 International Book Awards.2014 eLit Awards Winners: Silver medal in the "Sexuality / Relationships" categoryWouldn't it be great if money is the one thing you never argue about?Home Finances for Couples is a great help for a partner in a relationship, who wants to manage the family finances efficiently, m... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I am a veteran trade book editor of fiction and nonfiction, committed to helping writers find their voice and produce their best work.
I'm from the Rocky Mountain west. I've edited ten best selling thrillers, all for the same author. Now I'd like to help you.