• Assist editors with the development and production of comics from conception to publication, including placement work, script formatting, giving talent feedback on pitches, art and dialogue, and submitting art to respective departments
• interact and maintain relationship with talent, particularly artists and writers, to ensure deadlines are being met and work submitted is of highest caliber
• Absorbed Faculty Advisor's role in managing journal staff
• Led major journal processes such as Recruitment, Peer Reviewing, Copy-Editing, Formatting, and MLA workshops
• Devised and maintained a timeline for journal deadlines and events, including presenting at the Research Symposium
• Hired and worked with graphic designer to develop promotional material, cover, and marketing strategies to appeal to prospective authors
• Reviewed journal meticulously prior to its publication to ensure formatting and structural accuracy
• Assigned story ideas, monitored daytime shifts, helped budget weekly ideas, and edited news articles
• Updated the online content of the paper, as well as collaborated with other editors on significant news stories
• Facilitated everyday production of News, staying alert of police blotters, campus events, and breaking news
• Researched story ideas and pitched three weekly proposals with at least three sources per proposal
• Produced factual, concise, and engaging news stories every week within tight deadlines
•Conducted and transcribed source interviews
• Produced the final layouts of the journal publication for both Online and Print
• Managed journal microsite in collaboration with University librarian
• Recruited and trained a team of undergraduates for the peer reviewing aspect of the formatting process
• Reviewed and offered commentary and edits on authors’ submissions
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
A detail-oriented proofreader with experience in basic copyediting. I specialize in fiction, creative non-fiction, and memoirs.
Experienced copy-editor available to edit both fiction and non-fiction, specialises in the the arts, humanities and social sciences.