I am a graphic designer who has been involved in the publishing industry for over 14 years. I have been an in house book designer, a freelancer, and I have also worked for an online publishing site as a product specialist.
• Successfully translated subject matter into concrete design for print sales collateral and e-zines for
Glaxo Smith Kline and other biotech companies.
• Identified business objectives and requirements, interpreted client’s business needs, and developed
• Use innovation to redefine design within schedule and cost constraints.
• Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts that resonate with the client.
• Managed the creation of Lulu’s Picture.com from concept and branding to the release of a
photo book creation and purchasing platform.
• Defined requirements to convey user stories for execution by the engineering department.
• Collaborated with UI/UX engineers to design the look and function of the website; researched
• Collected and analyzed requirements from business units and customers to create user stories in the development of a new publishing platform.
• Researched third party software tools suitable for integration into the publishing platform.
• Collaborated with UI/UX engineers for the design of the new platform flow.
• Defined requirements for new Lulu.com marketplace by working with multiple departments, third party software developers, and customers.
• Implemented the e-commerce platform by working effectively with multiple international partners and engineering departments.
• Communicated the user stories for engineering to implement the new e-commerce engine based on the third party software, Elastic Path.
• Achieved the look and feel of marketplace and cart experience by collaborating with UI/UX engineers.
• Improved photo book quality through collaborative efforts with multiple vendors.
• Managed project for interns in the research of SEO and blogger outreach programs.
• Produced new messaging through defining the message and UI/UX on photo product web pages.
• Ran professional photographer focus groups in North Carolina, New York, and California.
• Enhanced working relationships and collaboration between engineering and customer service.
• Improved color management as the liaison with print vendors and consulting firm.
• Achieved enhancements and improvements by analyzing print product offerings.
• Worked with customers to achieve customer satisfaction during pre-press activities and resolution of book exterior and interior file issues.
• Reached acceptable high quality standards for product by working with multiple print vendors.
• Created newspaper and magazine advertising for locations across the country
• Coordinated and designed building signage for new locations
• Designed product and services brochures and direct mail pieces
• Developed trade show graphics and displays
• Created packaging and label designs
• Create new design themes for marketing and collateral materials.
• Project manager and product developer for branding, packaging design, and marketing materials.
• Created book cover designs for Oxford University Press, Savas Beatie, LLC, and Sourcebooks, Inc.
• Developed logos, business cards, brochures, and other marketing materials for BioGateway Partners, Carolina Mountain Medicinals, New Mind Education, White Tiger Martial Arts, and Chatham Community Church.
• Administered computer technical support for author Richard Brady Williams, and J.J. Partridge Consulting.
• Designed and produced over 150 book covers and book interiors. Including designs for U.S. News & World Report College Guides, Award winning author Michael Malone and New York Times best selling books such as And the Crowd Roared and We Interrupt This Broadcast.
• Developed wall calendars and daily planners including designs for the New York Times best seller America 24/7.
• Created designs for packaging, press kits, mailers, posters and other marketing materials.
• Laid out magazine and newspaper ads appearing in USA Today, Chicago Tribune, and Publishers Weekly.
• Researched the work of freelance illustrators and photographers and stock photography agencies, and negotiated contracts for services.
• Project managed semi-annual trade catalog and supervised freelancers and design interns.
• Designed and produced catalogs, ads, book interior layouts, and annual reports
• Prepared and performed troubleshooting of client files
"A magnetic, bloody, moving, and worm's-eye view of soldiering in Vietnam, an account that is from the first page to last a wound that can never heal. A searing gift to his country."-Kirkus ReviewsThe classic Vietnam war memoir, ...and a hard rain fell is the unforgettable story of a veteran's rage and the unflinching portrait of a young soldier's odyssey from the roads of upstate New York to ... read more
Football in 1903 was vastly different from the slick spectacle we watch every Sunday afternoon on TV in the fall. It was a brutal, nonstop war fought by young men and boys on muddy high school and college fields across America. Bloody faces, broken bones, concussions and the shockingly high risk of death were the main attraction for hometown fans. The level of violence nearly got the sport ban... read more
The Chicago Mercantile Battery was organized in 1862 by a group of prominent Chicago merchants. As part of Maj. Gen. John McClernand’s 13th Corps, the battery participated in the long and arduous Vicksburg campaign. The artillerists performed well everywhere they were tested, including Chickasaw Bluffs, Port Gibson, Champion Hill, Big Black River, and the siege against Vicksburg. Ancillary ope... read more
The celebrated Chicago Mercantile Battery was organized by the Mercantile Association, a group of prominent Chicago merchants, and mustered into service in August of 1862. The Chicagoans would serve in many of the Western Theater’s most prominent engagements until the war ended in the spring of 1865. The battery accompanied General William T. Sherman during his operations against Vicksburg as ... read more
This is a book for anyone who wants to be a more effective leader or manager by building trust with others.
The history of the United States lives in the words of its presidents-words that heal, inspire and sometimes divide a nation and the world. My Fellow Americans brings to life two centuries of American history, as you read and hear the presidential speeches that defined our nation's most dramatic moments.My Fellow Americans presents, in text and on two audio CDs, more than 40 of the greatest sp... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.