Although I am an excellent writer, it's editing that rings my bell. I love helping authors by removing distractions, and providing insight into small tweaks that can bring big clarity. With 30 years of experience as a proofreader and editor, and over 20 as a technical writer in many industries, I live to make content shine.
• Considered to be the primary writer for both the software start-up part of the business, and the company overall, and proven ability to research new topics quickly and effectively.
• Entirely responsible for Web site including content management; in 2010 designed navigation, wrote all copy incorporating SEO and worked directly with Web Developer to create new site.
• Initiated writing and improving processes and procedures, developing yearly goal plans, and unifying the three construction divisions, office and the field – resulting in better communication and more satisfied employees.
• Proofread and edited virtually any type of print or online material for spelling, grammar, formatting, consistency, corporate guidelines, voice, compatibility for HTML and any other requested characteristics.
• Creative, marketing and technical writing and high-level editing for professional services clients, including Web copy, newsletters, advertising, white papers, blog postings and feature articles, and incorporating SEO into online copy.
• As ghostwriter, received much indirect praise for original writing and research projects for all types of engineering, architectural, accounting, legal, manufacturing and many other business sectors.
• Developed, wrote and edited project documentation (e.g., manuals) for clinical research organization; researched and analyzed clinical trial study and FDA documents (e.g., protocols and charters); maintained standardization and prepared for audits by creating and updating project and corporate documentation.
• Perform writing, editing and proofreading services for primarily B2B and B2C professional services firms, specializing in articles, white papers, marketing copy, technical documentation, website copy and wireframe design, email campaigns and other business content
• Use office management, computer, organizational, proofreading/copyediting, analytical, marketing, creative and cost-saving skills to assist companies in short- to long-term projects
• More recently began editing prospective movie and television scripts, writing pitch books, and writing/compiling business plans for movie projects
• Handled all aspects of planning, development and implementation of documentation for achieving then maintaining certified ISO 9001 status; wrote or edited over 700 procedures across all departments.
• Solely responsible for all proofreading of imaging documents for large direct mail press.
• Received several awards for finding errors in other parts of the printing process, and convinced management of the need for proofing pre-printed customer-supplied materials to give added value.
Proofed hundreds of versions of national cable guide; wrote movie summaries.
Have you ever wondered what ordinary people went through during important times in our history? Would you like to know the thoughts of the Lenape Indians, the Quakers, or the Irish immigrants? Can you imagine the problems during Washington's encampment at
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.