• Editing gene pool stories that a person will receive when they have taken a GPS Origins ancestry DNA test. This test tells people where their DNA originates from dating back to about 1000 years ago.
• Simplifying the language to engage the audience.
• Ensuring that spelling is for a US audience.
• Checking facts and the clarity of the language.
• Using a stylesheet to ensure that the content is consistent.
Nouvelle Art Magazine aims to explain art in a language that everyone can understand. I am the editor and founder of the magazine. Nouvelle Art provides new writers with a platform share their work. I am responsible for recruiting and mentoring writers. I also design and edit content for the magazine. I contributed several articles to the magazine when it was launched.
The magazine has attracted over 6,000 visitors since it was launched. The magazine has an international audience with visitors from all over the world, from countries such as Brazil, the US, Sweden and Canada.
I write a variety of articles for Vulturehound Magazine. I have interviewed many artists and musicians such as the Fratellis. I have written film, exhibition and album reviews.
I am currently developing audio guide scripts for mobile phone apps for museums, such as the Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum. My tours of the British Museum, the Natural History Museum and the National Gallery are available to download on Tupuy.
• Editing and proof reading 'The M-Boat' which premiered at the Brighton Fringe Festival in 2011. The sell-out show picked up a coveted Argus Angel award and a 5-star review from the Fringe Guru.
• Editing the script for 'Paddy on Parade'. The show is a heartfelt tale about a young Irishman called Paddy who is sent away to join the RAF at the height of the Cold War. Paddy has his naive eyes opened by the Vietnam War, street workers in Singapore, and discrimination in Darwin. The show was part of the Brighton Fringe Festival in May 2014.
• Editing the script for 'Murphy’s Legacy' which was part of the Brighton Fringe Festival in May 2012. The show is set in Ireland in 1994 as the Celtic Tiger economy is about to boom. This satirical play deals with corruption, rural Ireland and pig racing.
• Working with local artists and community art groups to produce 6 exhibitions in partnership.
• Curated 8 exhibitions, for example ‘Curiouser and Curiouser’, a cabinet of curiosity style exhibition about collecting, which was well reviewed by peers.
• Project managing the installation and take down of 13 exhibitions.
• Worked in partnership with Sevenoaks Museum and Bromley Local Archives to curate the ‘Different World of H.G.Wells’ exhibition, which attracted the attention of the national press.
• Facilitating, overseeing and ensuring the successful completion of volunteer led projects. For example, a project to upload photos of the museum’s art collection onto MODES, the museum database.
• Writing and developing volunteer policy, role profiles and procedures in consultation with the council’s volunteering good practise advisor.
• Writing and delivering tours of the Fine Art Store.
• Deputising for the curator and acting as a key holder for the museum.
Proof reading and transcribing Joseph Banks' scientific letters in preparation for their publication in ‘The Scientific Correspondence of Sir Joseph Banks', 1765-1820’ edited by Neil Chambers.
Following his participation in James Cook's circumnavigation in HMS Endeavour (1768-71), Joseph Banks developed an extensive global network of scientists and explorers. His correspondence shows how he developed effective working links with the British Admiralty and with the generation of naval officers who sailed after Cook. He was familiar with most natural philosophers in Britain and across ... read more
The Scientific Correspondence of Sir Joseph Banks, 1765-1820 A record of fifty years of intellectual and technological activity. This record provides an insight into the development of science and discovery from the Eighteenth to the early Nineteenth Century. It links British science and society to developments on the continent of Europe, the West Indies, North America and to countries farther... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I have 18 years' copy editing experience, specialising in Law, Humanities and Social Science. Clients include Bloomsbury and Elsevier.
Don't ever fall for the trap of thinking you can be rigorous and academic OR engaging and clear--you can absolutely be both. I'll help you.