“Not only is she super professional, but she’s really helping fine-tune my ideas so that they’ll bring true value to the reader. If you’re looking for someone who loves what they do . . . I’d get in touch with her immediately.”
Line editor and design team member for Editing Research. Edit academic research articles for grammar, style adherence, usage, inclusivity, logic, cohesion, coherence, and concision. Design image quotes for social media.
• Collaborate with team to discuss Graduate Studies publications and design projects.
• Format and provide illustrations and graphics for pamphlets, newsletters, cards, stickers, t-shirts, tablecloths, banners, and more.
• Substantive-edit and copyedit pamphlets, newsletters, manuals, and more.
• Contact and consult with printing vendors for upcoming publications and designs.
• Review and edit text for grammar and spelling errors, faulty usage, style inaccuracies, and outdated or erroneous information.
• Proofread novels, novellas, and nonfiction manuscripts for ebook and print publishing using Adobe Acrobat.
• Copyedit novels, novellas, and nonfiction manuscripts for correct grammar and spelling and for adherence to Chicago style and Covenant Communications' style.
• Typeset the fall 2020 issue of the Journal of Response to Writing to prepare it for publication.
• Partnered with Faith Matters Foundation to typeset and provide interior book design for a self-help book.
• Copyedited academic manuscripts and other nonfiction content for correct grammar, spelling, and clarity, and for adherence to CMOS, APA, MLA, IEEE, and other styles.
• Substantive-edited (line-edited) academic manuscripts and other nonfiction content for coherence, cohesion, concision, organization, accuracy, tone, and usage.
• Designed brochures and flyers for the BYU TESOL and Linguistics master's programs.
• Compiled Table of Cases and Table of Legislature for a nonfiction book by Justin Collings, Professor of Law at the J. Reuben Clark Law School.
• Reviewed and graded substantive edits from 40+ undergraduate students in the Editing and Publishing major and minor.
• Edited, reviewed, and graded essays, articles, résumés, cover letters, and online portfolios written and created by undergraduate students.
• Taught lessons about freelance and substantive-editing principles in professor's absence.
• Discussed and addressed students' academic concerns.
• Updated the class schedule, syllabus, assignments, and readings.
• Spearheaded the Russian–English translation and copyediting process for the book Materials on the History of the Jews in Latvia, vol. 1.
• Reduced project duration by collaborating with Brigham Young University's Russian department and Linguistics department to assemble a copyediting team to work concurrently with the translation team.
• Provided translation and copyediting instructions and feedback.
• Advertised current and future translation and editing projects.
• Created a production schedule for the project outlining the steps required for publication and determining the necessary participants.
• Tracked and managed 20+ translators' hours and work.
• Translated sections of text from Russian to English.
• Copyedited, typeset, and proofread the book Materials on the History of the Jews in Latvia for ebook and print, to be published by the Shamir Association.
• Copyedit clients' fiction and nonfiction content for correct grammar and spelling and for adherence to house style.
• Substantive-edit (line-edit) fiction and nonfiction content for coherence, cohesion, concision, organization, accuracy, tone, and usage.
• Developmental-edit novels, novellas, and short stories for structure, voice, plot, characters, dialogue, tone, and pacing.
• Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of manuscripts' structures, plots, voices, characters, dialogue, tones, and pacing.
• Typeset and convert manuscripts into print format.
• Provide sample edits.
• Utilize Excel to calculate quotes for services.
• Consult for two-time Whitney Award–winning author Sandra Grey.
• Partnered with Covenant Communications to provide acquisitions editing, developmental editing, substantive editing, copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, and cover design for novellas.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.