• Having worked in both State and Federal Parliaments I have a broad understanding of the needs and special challenges of providing quality accommodation and home care assistance to our senior population.
• I have a detailed understanding of (and familiarity with) the use of all the various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and the like. Not only that but I understand how these platforms can be used to promote services to targeted sections of the population, supporters, and stakeholders.
• I was a TAFE lecturer at Northam TAFE college during 1999-2002 where I took introductory, intermediate, and advanced courses in Word, MS Excel and ‘the Internet’.
• As a novelist, editor, publisher, and manuscript assessor, I can assure you that I possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills with attention to detail.
• My ability to build productive working relationships can be seen in my long-term roles in parliament and the media. Over 20 years in newspapers and the same in politics with few (if any) changes in personnel show the I form good team relationships and work well with others.
• I get on well with people and am patient when leading them to new discoveries.
• Government and the media have one important thing in common: change. Rapid change has been part of my life and I’m pleased to say that I have always embraced it for the better. The rapidly ageing nature of the Australian populace is one of these challenges which would benefit from my extensive industry experience.
• Manage multiple tasks and prioritising these is also a hallmark on being a research officer and newspaperman. Juggling dozens of projects to ensure they are all completed on deadlines is not only a skill that developed religiously, but also one that I enjoy.
• As an MPs Private Secretary (Federal 1990-1998) and Media Research Officer (2008-2021), comprehensive administrative support, diary management, effective communication and liaison, and the provision and maintenance of processes and effective record-keeping where all part of my day-to-day roles. My most recent referee can attest to this most eloquently.
• I’ve arranged and managed events from small community forums to large community ‘fairs’ with outstanding attendances and results.
• I am very well presented, neat, reliable, punctual, and scrupulously honest.