Laura Rys currently serves as a securities and business attorney at Warren Law Group.
Laura Rys is an attorney at Warren Law Group in New York City. She started out as a solo practitioner in New York before joining Warren Law Group. Laura built a large clientele and expanded her corporate and litigation practices as a solo practitioner for over 20 years. She has also advised entrepreneurs on expanding their businesses and prosecuting securities arbitration proceedings.
• Premium Financing of Life Insurance
• Defense Litigation before FINRA re: disputes between brokers, broker/dealers and customers
• Private Placement Due Diligence and Structured Finance
• Non-profit formation and compliance consulting
• Business formation and dissolution, Corporate Governance
• Partnership and Shareholder Agreements
• Construction Law
• Real Estate Law
• Wills, Trusts and Estate Management
Counseled business owner on business development issues, as well as contract matters for existing and potential customers.
• Securities defense litigation before the NASD (FINRA) in matters regarding brokers, broker/dealers and customers
• Extensive Due Diligence for, and drafting of, Private Placement Memoranda and Blue Sky opinions
• CRD licensure counseling to brokers
There is a positive correlation between the rise of NFTs and the need for Intellectual Property rights. This issue has become so prevalent that the United States Copyright Office and the United States Patent Trademark Office (USPTO) announced they would be conducting a study analyzing how NFTs will change the IP field. This study was brought to fruition by Senator Thom Tillis (R-NC) and Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT).
This study will address questions such as:
How do transfers of rights apply? How does the transfer of an NFT impact the IP rights in the associated asset?
How do licensing rights apply? Can and how can IP rights in the associated asset be licensed in an NFT context?
What intellectual property protection can be afforded? What IP protection can be afforded to the NFT creator? What if the NFT creator is a different person or entity from the creator of the associated asset?
David Szalyga, Corporate Associate at Warren Law Group, states, “The USPTO’s announcement is a positive first step that will hopefully lead to concrete guidance and rules that are badly needed in this fast-evolving space. Clear regulations drafted with a deep understanding of the underlying technology and its many potential business applications would give commerce the clarity and certainty to grow.”
If you are the creator of a non-fungible token, you must be aware of the intellectual property rights and issues that come along with developing an NFT. You should seek experienced corporate counsel to ensure your NFT is protected.
As a member of the New York State Bar for the past 25 years, Laura Rys has sophisticated experience in all types of private financing for real estate development, premium life insurance and corporate expansion.
What is Laura Rys Specialized In?
Laura is skilled in structuring complex financial transactions, primarily for Family Offices, Family Ltd. Partnerships, Trusts and Not-for-Profit Foundations and Charitable Organizations. Her reputation and her passion is tenaciously performing thorough due diligence and creative strategies.
* Premium Financing of Life Insurance
* Real Estate Financing
* Private Placements, Private Equity, Venture Capital
* Securities defense litigation in FINRA arbitrations
* 10(b)(5) fraud analysis
* Non-profit state formation application
* Non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exemption filing
* Non-profit compliance consulting
* Business formation and dissolution
* Partnership and shareholder agreements
* Corporate Governance
* Trust and Estate Planning and Probate
Laura Rys’s Career Path
Currently, Laura Rys works at Warren Law Group as a securities and business attorney. Prior to joining Warren Law Group, Laura worked as a solo attorney in New York City for 20 years. During this time, Laura built a strong client base and further expanded her corporate and litigation practice areas. She has also served as counsel for various financial services companies, where she counseled entrepreneurs on business development and litigated for securities arbitrations.
Laura Rys’s Education
Laura holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from the College Seton Hall University South Orange NJ, and a Juris Doctor Degree in Law from the Law School Seton Hall University Newark NJ.