I teach ESOL at Leeds City College. This post includes:
• teaching 16+ and 19+ ESOL exam classes at all levels from Entry 1 to Level 2
• assessing learners’ English speaking, listening, reading and writing levels; writing schemes of work, lesson plans
I work at the NHC as a freelance educator and with members of the public on Sundays. As an RE and History teacher, I teach in both subject areas, but also work with students of Citizenship, Sociology and related subjects. This includes:
• teaching years 5–13 and university students/adult learners about the Holocaust
• working with Holocaust survivors to present their stories to young, secondary school and adult audiences
• guiding learners through a programme that includes an introduction to the Holocaust, tours of the centre’s museum and memorial gardens, participation in workshops about the persecution of Jewish and other groups, and discussion of how the Holocaust’s lessons can relate to their present-day lives
I train and tutor new copy editors. This includes:
• teaching one-day copy editing courses; teaching the PTC’s beginner and intermediate courses
I worked in various departments of Bradford College as a teacher/lecture, including:
• A level: teaching A2 Anthropology; setting up new A levels in History and RE
• Access 3: History (19th/20th centuries) to a group of adult learners; Media; supervision of extended essays
• Access 2: Critical Thinking, Ethics, Citizenship, Social History
• ESOL: assessing learners’ English speaking, listening, reading and writing levels; teaching classes from pre-entry level to level 2 at the college and at various community/education centres; teaching learners aged 19+
I copy edit manuscripts and rewrite copy for a number of publishers. My specialisms are theology, religion and history, but I also work in education, philosophy and humanities more broadly. Recent clients include the Tyndale Bulletin, Pearson, HarperCollins, Oneworld, SPCK, Macmillan, NATRE, Taylor & Francis, Routledge, Bloomsbury and Continuum.
• I am currently writing RE resources for ZigZag Education (AQA GCSE RE – Islam); in 2014 I wrote three RE textbooks for Macmillan for grades 7, 8 and 9 (11–14 year olds) in the English-speaking Caribbean
• I also write social history and genealogical articles for a number of genealogy and history magazines
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Accomplished editor specializing in general and Christian non-fiction. Editor of 60 published books. Here to help you tell your story!
Editor and proofreader of award-winning academic and non-specialist monographs, edited volumes, handbooks, translations and articles.