I offer extensive developmental editing services with personalized recommendations that will best serve writers’ needs at affordable rates.
I work part-time with self-published and emerging authors reaching the next step towards publishing fiction, nonfiction, and poetry manuscripts.
I have an MA and a BA in public relations, so I also have experience in technical and creative writing and editing for business, marketing, sales, and public relations.
Head to my website for more information.
● Work with self-publishing and emerging authors from around the globe
● Manage a handful of clients at a time, in a variety of fictional genres with completed or in-progress manuscripts as large as 200,000 words
● Charge a flat hourly rate to critique, substantially edit, copy edit and proofread completed fiction manuscripts one phase away from publication
● Supervised between three and nine editorial assistants, also known as student interns, each semester including managing interns’ social media and blog posts; supervised a total of 40 interns
● Assisted in planning and managing annual launch events
● Rebranded sponsorship kit and increased sponsorship numbers
● Assisted in the evolution of a new brand image, a new website and to only accepting manuscripts online via
● Managed and distributed manuscripts to the correct editors using, created the index for journals, contacted all accepted submitters and assisted in formatting the journal
● Created and maintained positive relationships with other literary magazines for advertising exchanges
● Reviewed and interviewed potential employees and interns; was responsible for training new employees and interns
Ivy Marshall wasn’t expecting the summer before starting high school to end the way it did. She had so many plans, from exploring the sprawling back fields of her town with her best friend, Robyn, to swimming in the muddy waters of Lake Scugog. Becoming the neighbourhood outcast when her mother became ill didn’t quite fit into her itinerary. Ivy hadn’t anticipated that the summer would bring d... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Award winning editor of non-fiction and genre fiction. Nearly a decade of experience across a wide variety of writing styles.
Fiction editor, specializing in science fiction, fantasy, and young adult manuscripts, with experience in traditional and indie publishing.