I've authored, ghost-written and co-written fifty non-fiction books across multiple genres within the 'traditional' publishing industry. Those books have sold close to fifteen million copies and been published in more than forty languages. Inspiring animal stories have figured prominently along the way. I co-wrote A Street Cat Named Bob, the uplifting story of how a stray cat transformed the life of a reformed drug addict on the streets of London and One Dog At A Time, the memoir of a Royal Marine serving in Afghanistan whose rescue of a dog led to the creation of a remarkable sanctuary for abused and abandoned animals. But I've also written memoirs for a diverse range of people - from entertainment figures and artists to shepherds and psychics. I've also helped a number of private clients complete their memoirs and am especially drawn to tales of seemingly ordinary people whose lives take extraordinary turns.
All in all, I think I've got a fair idea about what makes a book work and I can help you as a ghost, co-writer, editor, mentor, cheer-leader, structural guide or proposal writer. Give me a shout and we can talk - informally at first - about what you hope to achieve and how I can work with you to make it happen. Look forward to hearing from you.
I've helped tell the stories of:
- how a rescue cat brought hope to a young, autistic boy and his family.
- a colourful entertainment figure, from marriage to a Hollywood legend to friendship with pop royalty.
- how a young man cycling solo around the world was transformed when he rescued a tiny, abandoned kitten.
- how tragedy led an ordinary woman to devise a revolutionary dog training method.
- an adventurous American businessman who threw caution to the wind to open a restaurant in Brazil, and found the recipe for love instead.
- an artist who overcame her grief at losing her husband by turning the ephemera of their lives into a glorious, celebratory work of art.
- how one of Europe’s best-loved psychic mediums discovered his gift.
- the musical mastermind behind one of London’s most famous recording studios and the creation of Queen.