Okay, so maybe my writing hasn’t crashed any global markets just yet, but it has:
- earned me a backlist of satisfied clientele
- won numerous awards
- been described by the office of Barry Cunningham (the founder of J.K. Rowling) as “visual, evocative storytelling” with “pithy” and “realistic” dialogue.
My name is Alex Anthony and I’d like to write you an unforgettable story.
As a ghostwriter, I obviously can’t tell you the projects I’ve worked on. I can, however, tell you a bit about them (I'm sometimes allowed to showcase one page excerpts from projects. You'll find these in the gallery at the bottom of this page).
To date I’ve ghostwritten or otherwise authored a variety of stories for a variety of publishers and authors. I've worked with everyone from aspiring authors to the wildly successful. As for publishers, to date I've written for seven different publishing houses on three different continents and ranging from (primarily) small presses to a few of the larger names you might recognize. Of course, I can't legally tell you exactly who.
My works include:
- A YA LitRPG novel in which the falsely imprisoned main character uses the world's most popular video game to prove his innoncence and accidentally spark a revolution against the authoritarian government
- A dark fantasy novel in which two brothers are gifted with magic, but sink deeper and deeper into insanity each time they use it
- A thriller trilogy in which the wife of a government agent is thrust into the world of modern day espionage as she uncovers the secrets of her husband’s murder
- An anthology of dark fantasy short stories that blend madness, myth, and murder, with a touch of black humor
- A traditional fantasy novel in which the destruction of the gods leaves the world in chaos as the long peace draws to an end
- A dystopian thriller in which a beleaguered resistance battles against the new world order, who rose to power through cultivating and weaponizing anti-biotic resistant bacteria
- A duology of self-help novels that pair a character driven narrative with actionable, real world health advice from medical professionals
- A romance comedy that delves into the murky, wondrous, and often, downright strange world of cosplay
These are only a few of the projects I've worked on, though they are some of my favorites. I specialize in the genres of dark fantasy, fantasy, science fiction, and thriller, and have a unique amount of experience with short stories.
Now, I could blab about myself and my writing all day. But where's the fun in that when I can have others do it for me? Here's what people are saying about my writing:
"Alex is a great writer. His style is unique and engaging. Furthermore, he supports his talent with a professional, approachable attitude to his work. He is a delight to work with and I look forward to our future projects together." - Aaron T, ghostwriting client
“Alex's enthusiasm and drive to complete the blog project were impressive. He worked quickly and efficiently and was available to help on short notice. I would recommend him for future projects due to his passion and willingness to get the job done." - Ashley B, ghostwriting client
“Alex has a decisive, unwavering voice that maintains total control over the story even as it descends into chaos.” - Megan Haller, Independent fiction reviewer
Proudly providing ghostwriting services for five years and counting.
To kill an heir is to claim their power. But at what cost? As the khan's fiercest headhunters, brothers Subei and Bataar are feared across the steppe. When they're struck by lightning from a freak storm, however, they awake to find unnatural powers growing within them. And what's more, they're not alone. All across the land other "heirs of the ancestors" have been imbued with these powers. Som... read more
Nine Parts Bluster and Other Stories is a potent mix of madness, myth, and murder, with a sprinkling of black humor.A monster of legend stalks the shadows, surrounded by rumors as abundant as the slashed and torn corpses it leaves in its wake. It's wonderful news, assuming you're Senesio Suleiman Zhao, famed monster hunter, Champion of the People, and murderous egotist.It's the place of lesser... read more
The ancestors thought the curse would humble him. They were wrong. The first ten years of Harper's century of torturous unlife have made him more defiant than ever. With rumors on the winds of a sword that can kill even the undead, he sees his chance to end the curse and spite the ancestors one last time.
Honor be damned, there’s glory at stake.It is the duty of great men to explore the wild unknown, to go where others will not. Harper fancies himself just such a man as he leads an expedition into the perilous Ghairkhan range. Often called the "Garden of Giants," it is a sacred land meant only for the honored spirits of the ancestors, or so say the locals. But it’s the place of lesser men to fe... read more
He'd always tried to do right by others, but the time for that was long past.Freshwater clams are the newest craze in the imperial capitol at Ba Seng. Far from the grand city, Jao scratches out a peaceful living harvesting the delicacy from the ever-dark of the Murkwater. But when his companions are slaughtered, and he's taken captive to serve their murderers with his culinary talents, it isn'... read more
Any aspirations of honest work were long behind him. Exile had that effect on a man.Chen's classical education had taught him a great many things. How to read and write, to calculate numbers, to record history, and even to interpret the mysteries of poetry and philosophy. What it hadn't taught him, however, was how to lie, cheat, and steal. A shame, then, that he was working for the biggest li... read more
A monster stalks the ever-dark of Murkwater swamp. A creature of nightmare made flesh. Though no one has properly seen it, the rumors about it are as abundant as the slashed and torn corpses it leaves in its wake. It’s wonderful news, assuming, of course, that you’re Senesio Suleiman Zhao, famed monster hunter, Champion of the People, and murderous egotist. “Nine Parts Bluster” is a dark fanta... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.