I have edited hundreds of novels and novellas in every genre, both fiction and non fiction. As a freelancer, my job is to best serve you and your story, and your vision for the story. My goal is to help you edit and polish your story until it shines.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, typos
- Overlook of the big picture, the plot points, the characters, inconsistency, voice, head hopping, POV slips.
- Does not include editing or proofreading
- Overused words, tenses, clarity, pacing, dialogue, structure, readability, tone, point of view, clichés, crutch words, awkward sentences, showing versus telling, description, setting, etc.
- Includes critique and proofreading.
- $2.00 for 1K
- $4.00 per 1K
- I think it's important that authors use critique partners and beta readers before hiring an editor so that their manuscript is already shining so I charge by the hour, not by word count or pages. The better shape your story already is in, the less you have to pay me for editing.
- Send me your first chapter (up to 10 pages). This sample I will edit for free. Based on this sample, I will determine the price of a complete edit. There is no obligation at this point to hire me.
- I can do a chapter or partial edit in addition to a full MS
- Half of the payment is due upfront.
- Rush is available for an additional charge.
- A discount is available if you want a second round of edits.
- You can pay through paypal or by check. Your check must clear before I will start to work on your MS.
- Editor and proofreader for various publishers
- 10+ novels and novellas published
- 15 short stories published in anthologies
- Double-spaced, 1" margins, TNR, font 12
- Send to Nicole.Zoltack@gmail.com
- Any genre, any MS, even picture books. I have experience editing fiction and non-fiction.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Romance, fantasy and magic in Bronze Age Arcadia (Greece)Forbidden love… Broken vows… Betrayal…Callisto, the daughter of the great Arcadian King Lycaon and the nymph Maia, has studied all her life to attain the high position of Bear Goddess among the nymphs of Artemis, taking a sacred vow of purity. But when she meets a mysterious man, her life changes forever.Kasin is a prince among the fierc... read more
The Haunted Realm is a NaNoWriMo winning book and the thrilling sequel to Young Adult Fantasy novel The Labyrinth Wall (Tweeted by Sean Astin from Lord of the Rings, Dante Rossetti Award Finalist, 5 Star Reader's Favorite Rated and Amazon Best-Seller). In this riveting continuation of the story, Araina again faces a series of seemingly impossible magical threats. As Araina and her friends sear... read more
Read Amazon Best-Seller, Reader's Favorite 5 Star rated, Dante Rossetti Award Finalist novel, The Labyrinth Wall, the first book in the Obsidian Series. This adventurous young adult fantasy tale will transport you into a magical but deadly world with new races, creatures, heroes, and villains that you won’t soon forget. Even Sean Astin (from Lord of the Rings, Goonies, Rudy, 50 First Dates, an... read more
A new twist on Beauty and the Beast and the Greek myth of Lycaon the werewolf. A Bronze Age fantasy, adventure, and romance set in Arcadia, the wild forests of the goddess Artemis… Game of Thrones meets The Iliad…A tormented wolf man… A mysterious girl with a terrible secret…Alara, a princess from a foreign land, is forced to wed the sorcerer-king Aramon, a power-hungry warlord, who discovers ... read more
A wealthy British doctor with an innocent bet:Transform a girl from the streets into a high society mistress.A sassy Latina who makes the agreement:Pretend to be someone else and get a ticket out of hell. The rules:No sex.No lies.No falling in love.As truths become twisted, and passion turns dominant and all-consuming, playing the game becomes playing for keeps. Someone must fall, leaving one ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm an experienced editor of picture books and middle grade and young adult novels. I specialize in humor, fantasy, and science fiction.
From bestselling business titles to novels and short story collections, I've helped authors polish their prose for over a decade.