As a young adult, I mainly liked two things: reading and languages. The first passion led me to be a bookseller for 7 years and the second to study all the way to a master’s degree in translation and consequently work in the industry as a professional translator.
In the last 2 years since graduating from the University of Geneva, Switzerland, I translated, edited, proofread, rewrote, localised, and came up with many words. Probably around 960’000 words so far, but who is counting.
My expertise is transcreation. I focus on rendering your ideas and concepts rather than the literal words. The final product is equally as thought-provoking, emotive and engaging in German as it is in English—while still respectful of your style.
A client has said about me: “Nadine is very much a go-getter, combining efficiency and diligence as translator with a professional and productive work ethic.”
I would like to bring these qualities to our working relationship. As a freelancer, I have the luxury to dedicate all my time to the translation of your novel until we are both satisfied with the result.
A couple of things you should know:
· Although, I was born in Switzerland, I have extensive experience translating for readers in Germany.
· I have professional experience localising apps, websites, blogs, editorials, magazines, brochures, newsletters, user manuals and help articles. I would love to add “novel” to that list.
- Master in Translation and Technologies
- Bachelor in Multilingual Communication
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Professional human translation, transcreation and editing services from English and French into German.
Lead linguist for high-profile accounts, trusted editor and reliable translator. Provided clients with linguistic consulting and was charged with giving junior translators feedback.