Trafficked manuscripts through the production process and worked with full-service vendors, freelance and contracted publishing services companies, through all phases of production.
• Participated in the evaluation of potential full-service vendors by reviewing examples of work.
• Worked with project development editors and authors in preparing manuscripts for production by
reviewing text and image manuscript material and organizing such for transfer to the vendor.
• Prepared and maintained schedules, using Smartsheet software and templates.
• Prepared all cost-estimate paperwork before sending to the vendor.
• Worked with illustration editor in the preparation and review of all new art for a project.
• Kept track of permissions and credit lines for all third-party photos and illustrations.
• Reviewed all copy editing, proofreading, and indexing before sending to the development editor.
• Reviewed all cover copy and cover designs.
• Reviewed printer proofs of text and cover before printing and binding.
• Monitored, evaluated, and built good relationships with vendor’s overseas project managers.
For nine years, while working full time, I had a side business in which I took in copyediting and proofreading assignments for packaging services such as Nesbitt Graphics, Modern Graphics, and Cadmus.
Trained and led a team of production editors in science and health book publication. Managed an average of 30 titles a year, including all print and digital ancillary products. Hired and managed vendors involved with projects: copyeditors, illustrators, compositors, indexers, and proofreaders. Managed photo research and permissions for all titles.
Supervised all aspects of science and medical book publication, including copyediting, illustration, permissions, photo research and permissions, proofreading, and indexing for science books and journals.
Guided contracted full-service packager vendors through the publication process of business and economic books from manuscript to bound product.
Supervised all aspects of medical and law book publication, including hiring copyeditors, proofreaders, indexers, illustrators, and compositors. Provided my own copyediting and proofreading when required.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Copy editor and proofreader with experience working on non-fiction academic and reference books for an international publisher.
Editor and writer specializing in children's books, magazines and digital content. Experience includes editor at Scholastic and ABCmouse.