I'm a published author and owner of a freelance editorial business that provides editing, proofreading, formatting and cover design for self-published self-help, philosophy, religious and 'New Age' non-fiction writers.
I love to watch your manuscript grow into a beautiful book and see you SHINE.
What do you get when you work with me?
- 2-for-1 editing and proofreading (2 freelancers for the price of 1)
- Manuscript checking (for those on a budget)
- Editing and proofreading packages
- Interior formatting for self-published books to eBook and paperback standards (narrative non-fiction)
- Cover creation if required
- Caring nurturing eyes looking over your pride and joy (aka your manuscript)
- Freelancers who have been there and bought the t-shirt when it comes to birthing books to the world
- Professional work ethic, but jargon free and friendly attitude to our working relationship
Who Are We?
- Kelly is a writer and teacher with an enthusiastic desire to help people feel 'good enough' and to support those going through challenging life experiences: A very heart-centered writer and person.
- Mike is a retired maths and physics teacher, writer, who adores the written word so much that he wanted to help others fine tune and polish their words into a work of art.
Thank you for your interest. If you would like more information before deciding to work with us, please contact me via my profile.
And best wishes with your creation,
Kelly and Mike
- Manager and owner of self-publishing editorial business for self-help and mind-body-spirit non-fiction writers.
- Transcription expert (transcribes interviews, podcasts, webinars, meeting minutes, lectures and more).
- Proofreader and book cover design.
- Digital poster creator.
- Offers book-formatting to eBook and paperback (self-publishing only).
- Helps writers through in-house editing and manuscript checking.
- Social media marketing and author platform creation and management.
- Student dissertation and thesis editing and proofreading service.
- Touch-typist offering copy-typing.
Author of 'The Shine Series' of self-help books.
BOOK 1 - When Everyone Shines But You - Saying Goodbye To 'I'm Not Good Enough'
BOOK 2 - When Everyone Shines INCLUDING You - Saying Goodbye To The Failure Story
BOOK 3 - When EVERYONE Shines - A Complete Self-Love Manual (Coming 2017)
I was the full-time editor for the Podsmead Neighbourhood Project magazine. I created the content, layout, graphic design and was involved in the publishing of the magazine.
Is this it? Why does life seem so unfair?It's easy to see others living our dreams. It's easy to feel held back, misunderstood and invisible, but there comes a time in our lives when we just can't take it anymore. This is when we need answers and the confirmation that who we think we are can change.The pain of jealousy and envy grew too much for Kelly Martin when she saw friends, family and st... read more
Hiding is no longer an option.Being seen, being heard and sharing your light with the world is calling you. Are you ready to take the leap into the great unknown, leave the stories of the past behind, and shine? 'When Everyone Shines INCLUDING You (Book 2 in 'The Shine Series'), takes the reader on a journey through the highs and lows of learning to shine for the first time. From resistance to... read more
As a child, did you hear or see things that nobody else could? Did your parents try to convince you that you were just daydreaming, that they weren't real? Maybe you had scary experiences that adults tried to convince you were just your imagination? The author of this book, Lorna Hedges, went through many of these experiences and more. In a gentle and often humorous way, she tells us how she w... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Former in-house editor at Penguin Random House, now freelancing with a strong focus on memoir, health, and wellbeing.
New York Times bestselling editor and published author specializing in memoir, self-help, health & fitness, and spirituality.