I have a passion for proofreading of non-fiction work in science and medicine, but am also proficient in fiction, business documents and websites. I am a member of the Society of Editors and Proofreaders (UK).
For portfolio, see below plus:
Three yet to be published books are: "Win over Anger: How Anger Changes our Thinking" (due to be published by the American Bar Association) by Nicola Hartfield, "What if Mao Could Wake up Today" by Lei Shi (due to be published by SBPRA) and "The Or ’in of Tane Mahuta" by Yvette Carol (due to be published early 2016).
Please note that the summaries of Brigid Curran's books on Amazon.com were not proofread by myself, and they are no reflection of my proofreading standards. Both books were self-published.
- Statistical and administrative support
- Reporting to management, the Ministry of Education and the FYD Board on student numbers within each programme
- Maintain and manage the databases for all programmes including analysing statistics
- Consistently use advanced attention to detail to proofread detailed programme manuals and documents
* Project Manager (Part-time casual: Jan – Apr 2012)
Tasked with reviewing the New Zealand Standards Collection at the EIT Library, a 4-month project involving researching, analysing statistics, preparing spreadsheets and costings, plus making recommendations to management
* Librarian (Part-time casual: Jun – Dec 2011)
* Records Manager (Aug 2008 – Apr 2009)
* Librarian – Massey@EIT, Twist Library (Part-time: Sep 2007 – Sep 2008)
* Customer Services Librarian – EIT, Twist Library (Part-time: Aug – Dec 2006)
* Information Literacy Librarian – EIT, Twist Library (Jun – Dec 2003)
* Customer Service Librarian / Liaison Librarian (Maternity leave cover: Jan – Dec 2002)
Cataloguing and colour coding of the non-fiction collection (voluntary position)
- cataloguing of law books and journals
- indexing of environmental articles and cuttings
- indexing of opinions
- assisting lawyers in their research as preparation for court cases
- Serials librarian
- Medical Reference Librarian
- Cataloguing / Classification
- Information service delivery (medical students and staff)
This amazing journal has been designed to develop you into the best person you can possibly be. It has taken Brigid years to put this book together, and through her own journey she is now going to share her skills with you. You will learn how to develop your intuition so that you can made clear decisions. You will learn to release the negativity from your life You will learn about the threads ... read more
Under the Veil takes the reader on a personal journey into Mediumship. We follow Brigid as she shares the parallels learnt from her Catholic upbringing into her development as an International Medium. This is a true story about a skeptic who 'fell' into Mediumship. This little book is the story about a woman, who later in life, discovers that she has the ability to connect with people who have... read more
Voices of Pain and the Voice of Hope is a visual, emotional, textural and spiritual journey through pain to hope. It is designed to help expose the lies and thinking mistakes that isolate and entrap people suffering through emotional pain and mental health issues. It includes drawings and reflections from those who have walked - and are walking - through their pain; as well as beautiful photog... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Editor with over twenty years of experience working for major commercial publishers (Wiley, McGraw-Hill and Cambridge University Press).
Specializing in INDEXING with 15 years of experience, I can provide a great index to raise the value of your book for buyers. Let's talk!