The Write Edge has provided me the opportunity to publish my own work and keep my writing skills sharp. It has also given me the outlet to meet other fantastic writers, to connect with them, and to be hired as their editor. Lastly, I use it as a landing zone for my other blogs.
The Scribe is the member newspaper of the Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland. I edited and managed this monthly publication for the medical community of Portland, Oregon.
• I reviewed DVD releases of Bollywood films for this site designed as a reference for American viewers.
• I wrote articles for the Commentary section on my opinions of Bollywood film trends.
• I edited film reviews written by other writers for the site.
• I wrote articles featured in the monthly publication for South Asian women.
• I was the editor of the Parenting and the Wellness departments.
• I was an interim editor of the Love and Sex department and the Cuisine department
* I was the editor of and a writer for The Scribe, Portland's premier bi-monthly medical newspaper; in my first six months I doubled the newspaper's page count from a minimum of 8 pages per issue to 16 to 20 pages per issue.
* I was the editor of and a writer for the magazines of the annual home tours organized by Portland's Home Builders Association and managed these magazines while running the medical newspaper.
* For both publications I managed story assignments for four freelancers, helped them negotiate pay rates, and kept track of invoices received and paid.
* I was the editor and sole writer of a special multicultural publication promoting Portland's ethnic groups and businesses; this publication was part of a major campaign to attract professional ethnic groups to Portland.
* I was the editor and writer of the special magazine section in the Gresham, Ore. chamber of commerce directory.
Is it possible to raise well-adjusted children without losing your mind?Parenting . . . A Work in Progress offers insightful strategies and humorous stories to guide seasoned, as well as new parents of children, newborn to adolescent.Parenting has always been a trying job. Crypts found from the 11th century contain prayers from parents asking for help with their children. It’s the parents’ job... read more
Whether you want to take a trip through time, go on an adventure in your back yard, or feel a burst of excitement only to return to an adult reality, each story has something for every reader who wants to feel like a child or be part of a life many children have led before.Take a trip down memory lane or pull your child into your lap and see the world through their eyes. In this second antholo... read more
For geologist Kea Wright, when a volcano erupts under and ice cap, it isn't just a good time, it's a living.Camped at the base of an icecap in southeast Iceland, Kea and her team are investigating landforms created by catastrophic floods. With only days left in the field season, bad weather on the way, and the volcano due to erupt at any time, the team is struck by a tragedy that threatens to ... read more
INTERRUPTED DREAMS is an entirely new look at the Titanic tragedy of 1912. A journey through the days before, during and after Titanic’s maiden voyage, it is a heartfelt window into the lives of those faced with mortality and loss.In Part 1, Algerian-born Malik Massi tragically loses his childhood sweetheart on a honeymoon trip to the Aures Mountains. He starts a new life in Paris, where he me... read more
Dreams are mysterious creatures. Follow them through the pages of this book as you rediscover confidence in your abilities, pick up the pieces when things fall apart, and bring your fears to life with the flick of a pen.In this third anthology from members of Authors’ Tale, twenty stories question what it means to dream and what truths are linked to our souls.Each tale is a line drawn by an au... read more
Explore the world through a Tapestry of Elemental Tales Air. Earth. Fire. Metal. Water. These elements ebb then flow as they conquer and transform each other. The transformation brings renewal, development, change, and movement and starts the process anew. All of life is made up of these essentials. Different cultures assign meaning and interpret the elements in varying ways. When asked to wri... read more
Find love in a best friend after being trapped in a cabin, discover a new kind of magic after you run out of your own, or run from what you discover to be your greatest fear. The first volume of a series from Authors’ Tale offers a genre for every reader. Sixteen stories, along with three featured short collaborations, provide all readers with a reason to discover the authors inside. Experienc... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Seasoned publishing industry professional with agency experience and a keen eye for detail who embraces all aspects of the editorial process
Now semi-retired and working from home, I look forward to taking on further editing projects in the military history field.