- New Millennium Writings, flash fiction semi-finalist, 2016
- New Millennium Writings, flash fiction finalist, 2017
- UW-Madison Writers' Institute writing contest, mainstream fiction, 2nd place, 2019
- MSJ, Magazine publishing, Medill School of Journalism, 2002
The Write Edge has provided me the opportunity to publish my own work and keep my writing skills sharp. It has also given me the outlet to meet other fantastic writers, to connect with them, and to be hired as their editor. Lastly, I use it as a landing zone for my other blogs.
The Scribe is the member newspaper of the Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland. I edited and managed this monthly publication for the medical community of Portland, Oregon.
The Bollywood Ticket
• I reviewed DVD releases of Bollywood films for this site designed as a reference for American viewers.
• I wrote articles for the Commentary section on my opinions of Bollywood film trends.
• I edited film reviews written by other writers for the site.
• I wrote articles featured in the monthly publication for South Asian women.
• I was the editor of the Parenting and the Wellness departments.
• I was an interim editor of the Love and Sex department and the Cuisine department
Pamplin Media Group (formerly Community Newspapers Inc.)
* I was the editor of and a writer for The Scribe, Portland's premier bi-monthly medical newspaper; in my first six months I doubled the newspaper's page count from a minimum of 8 pages per issue to 16 to 20 pages per issue.
* I was the editor of and a writer for the magazines of the annual home tours organized by Portland's Home Builders Association and managed these magazines while running the medical newspaper.
* For both publications I managed story assignments for four freelancers, helped them negotiate pay rates, and kept track of invoices received and paid.
* I was the editor and sole writer of a special multicultural publication promoting Portland's ethnic groups and businesses; this publication was part of a major campaign to attract professional ethnic groups to Portland.
* I was the editor and writer of the special magazine section in the Gresham, Ore. chamber of commerce directory.