Close this message
Toronto, ON, Canada
Professional editor. I help authors and organizations develop effective and polished writing.
Sign up below to request a quote.
I am an editor with five years of in-house experience and more than ten years of experience in the book publishing industry.
Aspiring and established authors alike will benefit from my editorial services. Editing will help your work, whether you plan to approach traditional publishers or intend to self-publish. Regardless of which route you take, an editor can be an invaluable resource in getting your writing published.
Editing novels, poetry, and other forms of creative writing requires an attention to detail, as both the technical and artistic aspects of every work should achieve a fine balance. Each writer has a unique style and voice; an editor should take careful consideration to ensure it is developed fully.
Services are available for business-oriented writing as well as many other forms of non-fiction writing. I am trained in business and marketing communications and experienced in producing publicity content for the publishing industry. Editors do more than just fix grammar, punctuation, and spelling—they understand the nature of the message.
Dan Varrette, Fiction and Non-Fiction Editorial Services
Aspiring and established authors alike will benefit from my fiction editorial services. Editing will help your work, whether you plan to approach traditional publishers or intend to self-publish.
I edit novels, poetry, and other forms of creative writing while keeping in mind both the technical and artistic aspects of every work. Each writer has a unique voice, and I take careful consideration to ensure each is developed fully.
My non-fiction editorial services are available for business communications such as grants, proposals, reports, newsletters, press releases, and more. I have a background in business administration and experience in producing marketing materials.
Responsible for the editorial workflow of book projects, in addition to the promotion and
publicity of their publication:
• Acting as project editor, copyeditor, and proofreader.
• Writing and editing copy for catalogues, press releases, and other marketing materials.
• Representing the press at industry events, including trade shows, conferences,
book launches, and festivals.
• Designing websites to promote authors and their publications.
• Performing search engine optimization (SEO) on websites.
• Instructing and coaching authors on blogging and other online promotion.
• Executing social media promotional strategies on Facebook and Twitter.
• Developing and distributing email newsletters.
• Building and maintaining a media contact database using FileMaker Pro.
Proofreading services from a book publishing industry professional with 15+ years of experience in Big Five houses.
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Writer, collaborative editor, and writing coach specializing in helping clients tell their best stories.
Bothell, WA, United States