Let's turn your project into the best version of itself so that it can make its way into the world!
I work full time as an Editor for C&T Publishing, where my role includes developmental editing, art direction, and acquisitions. I have a background in children's book publishing, where I focused on conceptualizing and developing stories that included science and history based non-fiction picture books, magically exciting fiction picture books, spooky and funny middle grade and young adult novels, and everything in between! I am also a traditionally published author in both fiction and non-fiction. I graduated from the University of Chicago with degrees in both English Literature and Visual Arts.
It's my job to find stories and artists with potential and help bring them to fruition. I love working with writers 1-1 to improve their work, whether that's delving into the big picture themes and structures, or breaking things down at the sentence level.
I also offer publishing consulting, and edit and offer critique from a traditional publisher/editor's perspective. As a published author as well, I am great at relating to both sides of the editorial experience.
I specialize in picture books, but have a soft spot for middle grade and experience with chapter books and young adult novels. My visual arts background also helps me to shape writing that is meant to be paired with illustration.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions!
- More Than Just a Game - Kirkus Starred Review
- More Than Just a Game - Kirkus Best Picture Book of 2021
- Abby in Orbit - 2022 Foreward Indies Finalist
- Bonnie's New Old Outfit - 2023 Best Books for Kids and Teens Starred Selection, The Canadian Children's Book Centre
- Tu Youyou's Discovery - 2024 Garden State Children's Book Award Nominee
- Shaped By Her Hands - Kirkus Starred Review
- Shaped By Her Hands - SLJ Starred Review
- Shaped By Her Hands - JLG 2021 Selection
- A Neighborhood Walk, A Musical Journey - SLJ Starred Review
I conceptualize, acquire, develop, edit, and write instructional craft book content. I am the editor and project manager for more than 15 books a year, working with the production and design teams to create inspirational and instructional books.
Albert Whitman & Company
Acquire and edit picture books, chapter books, middle grade and young adult novels for a longstanding independent publisher.
Reviewing submissions from both agented and un-agented authors.
Albert Whitman & Compaby
Assisting with editorial departmental tasks.
Assisting editors with their projects.
Reading submissions and submitting evaluative reports.
Madison has 11 reviews