Hi! My name is Colleen and I'm an author/illustrator. I've been on my journey through the land of publishing for over two decades! During that time, I've worked with the wonderful people at Altair Literary, Stimola Literary Studio, Hummingbird Literary, Creative Authors Ltd, Sky Pony Press, Schiffer Publishing, Two Lions Publishing, Apples and Honey Press, and more! I teach workshops on picture book writing and network with hundreds of agents, authors, and editors daily. I'm very involved in my local chapter of The Society of Children's Book Authors and Illustrators, and The Rutgers University Council on Children's Literature.
I am not only an editor but also a traditionally published author. My titles include LILLA'S SUNFLOWERS, A PROMISE STITCHED IN TIME, A HOME AGAIN, LOVE MADE ME MORE, and LITTLE STAR. My books have been favorably reviewed by Kirkus, School Library Journal, and Publishers Weekly. A HOME AGAIN is available in eight languages!
Let me share what I've learned with you. Over the years, I've worked with many authors. I know critiques are sometimes hard. Your book is your baby. But I will handle with care. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to hold a book in my hands whose author's words I helped shape.
- Dawn Young (author of NIGHT BAAFORE CHRISTMAS and COUNTING ELEPHANTS) : Colleen inspires you to become a better writer through her encouraging words, literary prowess and pure artistry. You can count on Colleen to strengthen the heart of the story and make your readers connect. She has a keen sense for rhythm and sound which certainly helps with pacing, flow and word choice. Colleen will ask questions that make you think about the theme, arc and thread of your story. Whether your story needs tweaking, a complete overhaul, or a stronger sense of heart you can trust Colleen to help your story shine.
- Barbara Karlin Grant Honoree
- Bachelor of Arts, Rutgers University
- member of SCBWI (2002 to present)
- Committee member of NJ SCBWI (2017 to present)
- Moore College of Art
- Council member of The Rutgers University Council on Children's Literature
I work full time in my studio. If I'm not critiquing, I'm writing or painting. I am represented by Isabel Atherton of Creative Authors. I specialize in tug-at-the-heartstrings types of stories.
coll has 9 reviews