Skilled at writing on diverse non-fiction subjects
Excellence at capturing author voice and tone
Talent for developing, shaping, or honing existing material, as well as researching and crafting new content
Dedication to author and publisher happiness
Unbridled creativity, passion, and enthusiasm for content generation and collaboration
Exceptional ability to shape content per specifications
Mastery at line edit editing and polishing writing at any level
Professional formatting and book organization
Established track record of having published and edited thousands of successful books and numerous bestsellers
Never misses a deadline!
Insider industry insights into commercial market potential—what will help your book sell!
Expert analysis on positioning, voice, and tone
Creative ideas for new books and series
Skilled at drafting cover and jacket copy and feed copy
Keen eye for cover and interior design
Thorough knowledge of all formats and markets:
Print and ebook—short-form or full-length
Trade retail, specialty markets, mass-market, reference, academic, corporate, gift
Licensing: international, translation, audio
Titles personally acquired in audio: The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, by Carmine Gallo; How to Talk to Anyone, by Leil Lowndes; Strength Finders, by Gallup, Crucial Conversations, by Joseph Grenny at. al.
Titles personally acquired and edited in book/ebook: We Will Survive, by Gloria Gaynor and Sue Carswell; Happy This Year!, by Will Bowen, How to Create Your Family Mission Statement, by Stephen R. Covey.
• Executive team member who led a staff of 11
• Established Vision and Growth Strategy for Fiction and Non-Fiction audiobook acquisitions program
• Expanded program into Non-Fiction categories, such as Self-Help and Business
• Created and launched Grand Harbor Press print/ebook Self-Help imprint
• Sealed distribution partnerships with Gallup (Strengthsfinder 2.0) FranklinCovey (7 Habits), Vitalsmarts (Crucial Conversations), Recorded Books, Scholastic, McGraw-Hill, and many other top content partners
• Earned 2015 Grammy nomination for Gloria Gaynor’s We Will Survive audiobook, acquired in all formats
Titles personally acquired and edited: One Simple Idea, by Stephen Key; Workarounds That Work, by Russell Bishop; The Mountain Within, by Herta Von Stiegel; Influencing Powerful People, by Dirk Shlimm; Reputation Rules, by Daniel Diermeier, Ph.D., The Apple Experience, by Carmine Gallo; Winning the Customer, by Lou Imbriano.
• Executive team member with a staff of 18 editors and marketers
• Accelerated title count from 150 to 175 per year
• Directed acquisitions team that produced a dozen global bestsellers and signed seven Forbes “Top Business Thinkers”
• Acquired several titles with bestselling authors
• Launched innovative ebook programs leading to 150% digital growth
• Developed innovative digital products, such as the Kiss Bow or Shake Hands international business etiquette platform
Titles personally acquired and edited: Small Miracles of the Holocaust, by Yitta Halberstam; Broadway Tales, by Bill Berloni; Barfbag Origami, The Afterlife Handbook.
• Company leader who led five imprints and a 40-member staff
• Produced several national bestsellers, including Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips (Kris Carr)
• Launched the company’s ebook program, converting the entire backlist
Titles personally edited and acquired: Why Men Love Bitches (Sherry Argov), Please Stop Laughing at Me (Jodee Blanco), God Is My CEO (Larry Julian), The Portable Jewish Mother (Laurie Rozakis), numerous titles in the EVERYTHING series.
• Creative force behind Editorial, Contracts, Production, and Manufacturing group (26 total reports)
• Doubled title count to 230 titles per year for explosive trade and mass-market growth
• Electrified growth of several multi-million selling series, including Everything, Small Miracles, Knock ‘em Dead, and A Cup of Comfort
• Acquired and edited Why Men Love Bitches (Sherry Argov), the company’s bestselling title: over one million sold and translated into 35 languages
Edited bestsellers Picture Perfect Weight Loss (Dr. Howard Shapiro) and Win the Fat War (Anne Alexander)
• Led five member team specializing in trade, direct mail, and Spanish language series
• Acquired and developed Picture Perfect titles with national bestselling author Dr. Howard Shapiro
• Partnered with Prevention on branded bestsellers, such as Win the Fat War
• Oversaw Prevention annuals program, which had record-breaking newsstand sell-thru
Personally acquired numerous titles in The Complete Idiot's Guide series phenomenon: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Yoga, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Astrology, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Baseball (by Johnny Bench), The Complete Idiot's Guide to Basketball (by Walt Clyde Frazier), The Complete Idiot's Guide to Grammar and Style, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Massage, and many others.
• Pioneered acquisition for the bestselling Complete Idiot’s Guide series
• Acquired 60 titles per year, including celebrity authors such as Walt “Clyde” Frazier
• Created breakthrough program, converting the series from Computing to all lifestyle areas: Health/Fitness, Cooking, New Age, Pop Culture
Editor of The Blockbuster Guide to Movies and Videos, the American Medical Women's Association series, The Jewish Book of Family and Life.
• Packaged dozens of book projects
• Originated, developed, agented, and edited 35 book projects
• Edited the 1997 edition of The Blockbuster Entertainment Guide to Movies and Videos
• Supervised a full-time editorial assistant, freelancers, and interns
• Compiled and edited the U.S. hardcover trade edition of the world’s best-selling copyright book
• Promoted Guinness via all major media with major sales spikes
• Edited and contributed to the mega-selling Guinness Book of Sports Records 1995-1996
Acquired and edited reference books for trade and library markets, including: Who's Who in Hollywood, by David Ragan; The Worth Book of Softball, by Paul Dickson; The Oscar Movies, by Roy Pickard; Great Stage Directors, by Samuel L. Leiter.
#1 Amazon New Release!Looking for trivia books filled with fun facts and trivia questions and answers? Answers to Questions You've Never Asked will entertain you for hoursFun facts for kids of all ages: When you take the most absurd parts of history, science, economics and geography, you end up with a pretty confusing picture of humanity. Why do we have borders, what’s the furthest you can get... read more
Turn your great idea into millions—without lifting a finger!Yes, a good idea is enough to build a fortune! Too many people think production, marketing, and distribution are essential to the entrepreneurial process. As One Simple Idea shows, you can hand these tasks off to others—and make big money in doing so.Stephen Key, a highly successful entrepreneur whose creations have generated billions... read more
Your Passport to International Business EtiquetteThe most authoritative and comprehensive text of its kind, Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands, 2nd Edition, is your must-have guide to proper international business protocol. With countries such as China and India taking on a more significant role in the global business landscape, you can't afford not to know the practices, customs, and philosophies of o... read more
"You'll not only break the ice, you'll melt it away with your new skills." -- Larry King "The lost art of verbal communication may be revitalized by Leil Lowndes." -- Harvey McKay, author of “How to Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive” What is that magic quality makes some people instantly loved and respected? Everyone wants to be their friend (or, if single, their lover!) In busine... read more
Do you feel like you are too nice? Sherry Argov's Why Men Love Bitches delivers a unique perspective as to why men are attracted to a strong woman who stands up for herself. With saucy detail on every page, this no-nonsense guide reveals why a strong woman is much more desirable than a "yes woman" who routinely sacrifices herself. The author provides compelling answers to the tough questions w... read more
Awe-inspiring, true stories from the worst of timesThe Holocaust—perhaps the darkest period in human history—conjures up horrific images: death camps, torture, starvation, genocide on a grand scale. Yet there were some rays of light during this nightmarish time: inexplicable events in which human lives were spared, families were brought back together, and the human spirit and faith somehow end... read more
2015 Grammy nominee for Best Spoken-Word Album (in audio formats) Gloria Gaynor’s #1 hit single “I Will Survive” debuted in 1978 to overwhelming success. Shortly thereafter, the single went double platinum and over three decades later still strikes a chord among men and women everywhere.Over the years, the disco legend has received thousands of personal messages from adoring fans whose lives h... read more
A practical, yet inspirational work that proposes it’s the inner world of our psyches that determines happiness, not outside forces. We have control over our own happiness and this powerful book offers concrete advice on how to tap into it and nourish it all year round. The author focuses explicitly on the positive ways we can establish a higher set-point in our thoughts, speech, and actions, ... read more
The Wall Street Journal Bestseller! Updated to include Steve Jobs's iPad and iPad2 launch presentationsFormer Apple CEO Steve Jobs’s wildly popular presentations have set a new global gold standard—and now this step-by-step guide shows you exactly how to use his crowd-pleasing techniques in your own presentations. The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs is as close as you'll ever get to having ... read more
While other children were daydreaming about dances, first kisses, and college, Jodee Blanco was trying to figure out how to go from homeroom to study hall without being taunted or spit upon as she walked through the halls.This powerful, unforgettable memoir chronicles how one child was shunned—and even physically abused—by her classmates from elementary school through high school. It is an unf... read more
You're no idiot, of course. You know Rubber Soul,Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and Abbey Road are considered among the best rock albums of all time; you've seen the classic films A Hard Day's Night and Help!; and you've witnessed the #1 success of all three Anthology CDs and their TV/video counterparts. But now you're wondering...why all this fuss about the Fab Four more tha... read more
New Book Cracks Code — The Secret Behind Our Perceptions Finally Revealed. . . and More! Is it okay to fantasize during sex? When should you follow your intuition and gut feelings? Why do we gravitate to products endorsed by celebrities? Why does time seem to go by faster as we get older? Why are some athletes perpetual winners and others losers? Why do some people see Jesus on a Cheeto? Explo... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm an award-winning journalist, ghostwriter, and podcast host specializing in memoirs, how-to, and history. Let me help tell your story.
I coach, consult & edit, for triple-venti prose that adds clarity & impact to your memoirs, op-eds and other non-fiction projects.