● Schedule all blog appearances from guest authors and regular columnists, as well as conduct interviews with authors over email, and format articles before they are posted on the blog
● Attend local and national conferences, panels, and workshops on behalf of Fresh Fiction
● Works with local bookstores on author events, book clubs, featured books, and more
● Conducts outreach to authors and publishing industry professionals (publicists, marketers, editors, agents) to consider features on Fresh Fiction
● Edit reviews: check grammatical errors, meet minimum word count, fact-check basic information, format HTML links and styles within reviews before publication
● Review books in a variety of genres of fiction: contemporary, historical, literary, romance, sci-fi/fantasy, YA, etc.
I've copy edited and proofread for a variety of authors and organizations, including the Society of Vascular Surgeons, Jordan Drake, Sheila Chester, ETS Educational Services, and more.
● Achieved promotional advancement from earlier positions: assistant publicist, associate publicist, publicist, senior publicist, to assistant publicity manager
● Lead publicist for Sourcebooks Casablanca, the romance fiction imprint
● Created PR/Marketing campaigns for twenty New York Times and/or USA Today bestselling novels
● Worked on 50+ titles per year, with emphasis on online PR/Marketing, social media, and author branding
● Secured reviews, interviews and features in print/online publications, including USA Today, People Magazine, Woman’s World, NPR’s Pop Culture Blog, The Huffington Post, and more
● Developed print and web-based advertising campaigns, event planning, and email marketing campaigns
● Regularly attended and presented at national and local publishing industry conferences including the Romance Writers of America National Conference, Chicago-North RWA Spring Fling, RT BookLovers Convention (now BookLovers Con), Evanston Writers Workshop In the Trenches Conference, University of Wisconsin Madison Writers Institute, and Public Library Association Conference
A New York Times and USA Today Bestseller! Fans of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series will devour this hauntingly beautiful tale of love and time travel by New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Susanna Kearsley. History has all but forgotten... In the spring of 1708, an invading Jacobite fleet of French and Scottish soldiers nearly succeeded in landing the exiled James Stewart in Scot... read more
A USA Today Bestseller!Black Knights Inc.—Behind the facade of their tricked–out motorcycle shop is an elite special ops team assigned the jobs too hot for anyone else to handle.Hold On Tight...Ex–Marine Nate "Ghost" Weller is an expert at keeping his cool—and his distance—which makes him one hell of a sniper. It's also how he keeps his feelings for Ali Morgan in check. Sweet, sexy Ali has alw... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Expert in women's fiction, romance, historical fiction and history non-fiction. Send me historical romance and I'll bite your hand off
Editor with a passion for YA fiction. Current MFA candidate, Columbia Publishing Course alum, and former literary agency assistant.