I am an art director and a cover designer with more than 20 years of experience in book publishing - leading in-house design teams, developing bespoke designs, creating packaging for series of books, and managing brands. In my most recent role at Wiley, I personally designed 100+ creative projects and directed 200+ projects designed by in-house teams or vendors each year.
I work quickly, collaboratively, and am committed to a design process that begins with understanding your needs, quickly ideating a range of solutions, refining the best options and finalizing the perfect cover for your book.
• Research, develop, and execute book product packaging from concept to production for more than 500 unique products including book covers, boxed sets, product bundles, and displays from the For Dummies, Visual, and Sybex brands and Professional Technology and other Trade publishing lines representing more than $60M in revenue annually
• Supervise and manage creative work for multiple lines of revenue in collaboration with publishing, editorial, marketing, sales, and other key stakeholders to ensure market readiness at product launch
• Navigate and align the expectations of stakeholders to arrive at compelling and successful solutions that meet market needs and solve the pain points of the intended audience
• Conduct competitive research on topic and category levels to ensure designs are relevant and meaningful to the end consumer, appropriate for target market, and convey each product’s unique value
• Design creative assets for use in product marketing and outreach initiatives
Mike has 5 reviews