Over the past decade, I've copyedited, fact-checked, and proofread hundreds of manuscripts for dozens of publishers and individuals, working for Big Five publishers including HarperCollins, Penguin Random House, and Simon & Schuster. My projects have ranged from YA fiction to murder mysteries to Buddhist-inspired self-help, and I've had the honor of working with bestselling authors including Angie Thomas, Sy Montgomery, Elana K. Arnold, and Mindy McGinnis (check out some of my favorites in my portfolio below). Young adult and middle grade fiction hold a special place in my heart, and as a queer person myself, I love working on LGBTQ+ stories that reach readers who need to feel seen and celebrated.
I have so much admiration for independent authors who forge their own path to write, polish, and deliver their stories directly into the hands of readers. Your book deserves the same treatment it would get through traditional publishing, and I’m here to deliver that signature impeccable copyediting, combined with a deep respect for your unique voice and the vitality of your work.
A copyeditor is a close reader, and I cherish the opportunity to connect intimately with the world you’ve created, tidying up its loose ends and giving it a line-by-line polish so that your story shines brightly. I’d love to bring my knowledge, experience, and passion to your project—let’s connect!
I've worked for a huge variety of publishing clients over the years:
• HarperCollins, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Simon & Schuster, Penguin Random House, and Chronicle Books, copyediting, fact-checking, and proofreading picture books through young adult fiction and nonfiction (more than 300 titles; 2012–present)
• Wisdom Publications, proofreading popular and scholarly books on Buddhism and mindfulness (more than 30 titles; 2016–present)
• FSG, Routledge, Cambridge University Press, and other major publishers, copyediting literary and scholarly nonfiction for adults (more than 50 titles; 2012–2016)
• Created illustrated books for kids from inception to publication for the direct-to-home market
• Handled all developmental and production editing, including:
- Hired and managed writers, copyeditors, and proofreaders
- Liaised with consultants, writers, and designers
- Edited manuscripts for content, style, grammar, and clarity
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.