As well as a bestselling fantasy author, I am an experienced self-publishing and marketing consultant, and am proud to have helped hundreds of authors from around the world to publish and sell their books. Whether you're writing non-fiction or fiction, publishing in ebook or paperback, a debut writer or seasoned author, I can provide the advice you need to achieve your goals.
I've been publishing my own novels, audiobooks, and graphic novels since 2010, and as such, I have tried and tested a wide number of self-publishing paths. This has enabled me to construct a method of publishing and marketing that I call the Shelf Help Method. It is affordable, professional, and driven by the technology at an author’s fingertips. It's a hands-on, entrepreneurial, business-like approach, which empowers authors to make the most out of this golden era of publishing, and make a living as I have.
I've taught this method and shared my advice at The London Book Fair, The Book Expo America, the London School of Economics, various UK universities and major book fairs and festivals.
I can help and assist with any of the following areas of marketing:
- showing you how to optimise blurbs, keywords and categories
- how to find success with paid advertising such as AMS, Meta Ads, and Bookbub
- building and leveraging a mailing list
- getting the most out of social media
- building and using websites
- blogging, vlogging and content marketing
- creating and employing merchandise
- outreach, making connections and getting reviews
I am also able to provide advice on all aspects of independent publishing, including:
- the polishing process and getting your book ready for market
- ISBNs, front and back matter
- conversion to ebook and typesetting for paperback
- publishing ebooks and paperbacks on a global scale
- operating as a small business
- crowdfunding and using platforms like Patreon
- seeking agents and representation
"Ben Galley is genuinely interested in passing on his knowledge and helping others to be successful... Thank you Ben.”
- Judi Williams, Great Beginnings
"Just last year I attended an event in London run by a well-known publisher that cost £349 for 2 days. What Ben gave us in the first hour of his workshop was more usable than the information I garnered in 2 days at last summer’s event."
- Joanna Hunter, Innerpeace
"Along with the fountain of knowledge and the treasure trove of helpful advice that the affordable sessions have given me, I've also gained a great friend and mentor who I thank without end for his help in making my dreams of becoming a writer a reality."
- Reece Bridger, Fantasy Author
- Best Self-Published Novel – Booknest Fantasy Awards 2017
- Winner of the Library Journal's Indie eBook Awards for Fantasy 2016
Helping authors and companies to publish and sell books in multiple formats across the world.
Ben has 48 reviews