Every life is story.
I'll help you tell yours.
I am a memoirist, ghostwriter and critically-acclaimed bestselling novelist.
“Theo has a talent for turning the humdrum events of a life into an engaging narrative”
- Sir David Verey, Chairman of The Art Fund
"Thanks for all your support and help" - Bear Grylls, 'Mind Fuel: Simple Ways to Build Mental Resilience Every Day'
Crafting a memoir is about seeing a person's heart, perceiving their emotional journey as well as the plot points of their life.
I work with you to trace the thematic threads running through your life - and from these, to weave a memoir that is beautiful, dramatic, and rich with meaning.
I have worked with a range of exclusive clients on a variety of projects, including:
- a day-by-day self help book on mental resilience for author & adventurer Bear Grylls
- a dynasty of London financiers spanning the 20th century
- two "overlanders" epic driving adventure around the world
- an English social worker who placed over a million orphans in family care in Communist China
I studied Archaeology and History at Cambridge. I worked for two Magic Circle firms in international arbitration law. In 2010, I quit my legal job in Hong Kong, jumped on a bicycle and pedalled 10,685 miles across Asia and Europe to the UK. There, I wrote the first volume in a historical fiction series, The Wanderer Chronicles, now published by Corvus Atlantic.
I ghostwrote my first memoir in 2015. I have since ghostwritten six other non-fiction works, some for general publication, some for private print editions. The latest of my non-fiction books - Mind Fuel by Bear Grylls - was published by Hodder & Stoughton in October 2022 and was an Amazon Top 50 bestseller. The breadth of my experience - from the legal profession, through travel and sporting endeavour, to an education in history, literature, language, theology and philosophy - makes me an ideal partner to help you craft the story you want to tell.
“Working with Theo has been a delight from start to finish. He was easy to build a rapport with, making conversations around deliverables, budget and timescales pleasingly straightforward... Highly recommended!"
- Andy Lyon, publishing editor, Hodder Faith.
A typical memoir project:
1) - The PLAN: we discuss budget and scheduling, your creative goals, how you like to work.
2) - The DOWNLOAD - an initial series of interviews (online or in person), between 6 - 10 hours in total. These provide the material from which we will create your story.
3) - The DRAFT - this consists of an initial draft, your comments and edits, followed by a re-write, another round of your feedback, and then a final polish.
4) - The END-GAME - the final manuscript now ready, we now either self-publish or find an appropriate publisher using my contacts in the industry.
It's your story.
Let's create something special together.
- Royal Wolf Film Awards 2020 - Best Screenplay Short
- Masters of Philosophy - European Studies - Cambridge University
- Masters of Arts - Archaeology - Cambridge University
Corvus Atlantic have published the first three novels of my historical fiction series, The Wanderer Chronicles. And also a short story, A Winter's Night. The fourth installment in the series will be published in the spring of 2022.
Story Terrace Ltd
I have written several private memoirs for Story Terrace Ltd's clients, including top financiers, round-the-world travellers, a father's fight to win back his abducted child and others. I've also ghostwritten several other memoirs for private publication, and a critically-acclaimed memoir entitled "As Many As the Stars" for Hodder Faith (2020).