Working alongside the editorial team, I manage project workflow, partner with proofreaders, give feedback on covers and title ideas, and directly assist the publisher.
- Assistant to publisher, editorial, and marketing teams for Thomas Nelson and Zondervan Fiction imprints
- Editorial skills in mass market titles; design format, grammar and syntax, editorial calendar management, printer deadlines, Library of Congress application, book proposal reviews
- Marketing and publicity support; social media and graphic design, press releases, media partnerships and mailings, galley creation
- Author-facing communication; content development and event planning
- Chosen from over 1,000 applicants; developed skills in editorial letters, novel and novella proofs, back cover copy writing, titling, and acquisitions
- Marketing projects: Facebook advertising campaign, social media research, email list-building to grow engagement
- Weekly development sessions focused on various imprints and departments, workplace personality tests, and leadership strategies
During June 2017 to August 2017, I worked as one of twenty five chosen out of five hundred applicants to intern at LifeWay's corporate office in downtown Nashville. Serving as the Editorial Intern for the Adult Publishing department, I gained skills in editing, proofreading, event planning, marketing, public speaking, and writing.
My projects for LifeWay include four published works:
- Two devotionals for Journey, a monthly women's magazine
- 500 word piece on faith for a wide audience
- One travel article for Mature Living, a quarterly magazine geared towards senior adults
- Researched for and wrote a piece on Hidden Places to Travel in Your State
- Feature article for HomeLife, a faith and family-based magazine; Interviewed author Jen Wilkin and wrote feature article for January 2018 magazine
- Assisted in editing Priscilla Shirer's Discerning The Voice of God and Beth Moore's The Quest.
As the Editorial Intern for She Reads Truth, I became immersed in the process of creating and publishing devotionals and study books, getting the chance to edit content and learn about proofreading skills. I sat in on team meetings with both the Editorial and Creative departments, brainstormed ideas for content, and edited finalized documents for the reading community of She Reads Truth. Other tasks included organizing documents and checking scripture references for books, contributing research and ideas, editing content and writers’ pieces, and working with both departments to finalize products. Over the course of my time interning, my work helped create six books with my name on the masthead.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Experienced Developing Editor and Writer. Have worked with Pearson, Macmillan, CUP, Penguin. Passionate about making books come alive.
With an MFA in CWR, an MA in publishing, and 3 years experience in a publishing house, I'm excited to use my skills to help craft your WIP!