I have expertise in all levels of editing including structural editing, copy-editing and proofreading, across both fiction and non-fiction. Specialising in crime and thriller, I'm always excited to hear about new projects, so whether you just have a spark of an idea or have already written your full manuscript, get in touch about how I can help you on the next stage of your writing journey.
Recent clients include Penguin Random House UK and Australia, HarperCollins UK and Australia, Hachette UK, and a number of independent authors and publishers.
· Promoted after five months as Assistant Editor due to exceptional performance.
· Generating idea and pitching books for acquisition.
· Assessing submissions for on the PRH WriteNow Mentoring programme 2019
· Assessing submissions for on the Daily Mail First Novel Competition 2019
· Responsible for the smooth running of the editorial process for our licensed titles including Star Wars and Stranger Things. Duties include representing the brand at company-wide presentations and at external events such as Comic Con; negotiating the complicated publication schedule; editing manuscripts; liaising with colleagues in the US; and reporting back to licensors.
· Working closely on titles – fiction, non-fiction and highly illustrated – from acquisition through to publication. Tasks include pitching projects, project management, writing/editing texts, briefing covers, proof collation and picture research, clearing legal reports, raising ideas for potential acquisitions.
· Close editorial work across a range of titles and genres both fiction and non-fiction, namely psychological thriller and crime. Examples include but not limited to:
The Fifth Girl – Georgia Fancett (Century, 2021)
Come Back for Me – Heidi Perks (Century, 2019)
My Name is Anna – Lizzy Barber (Century, 2019)
The Nanny – Gilly Macmillan (Century, 2019) - Sunday Times Bestseller
Gone By Midnight – Candice Fox (Century, 2019) - Nominated for the Ned Kelly Award
Stranger Things: Suspicious Minds – Gwenda Bond (Century 2019
The Kingfisher Secret – Anonymous (Century, 2018)
· Liaising with authors, freelancers and fellow staff through clear and effective communication, both written and verbal, ensuring deadlines are met and work completed to a high standard.
· Reviewing submissions, writing reader reports and turndown notes and generating editorial ideas.
· Editorial work on ongoing titles, including Sherlock: The Fire Brigade Dog (Century, 2018).
· Assessing submissions for on the Daily Mail First Novel Competition 2018
· Highlights include negotiating photography for the highly illustrated Love Your Plot, David Jason’s second autobiography, Only Fools and Stories, and Tim Peake’s Ask an Astronaut, bringing in all the images at a high quality and for half the photographic budget.
· Responsibilities included diary management for the Publisher and Deputy Publisher and general administration for the imprint; and assisting the editors on ongoing books including continual maintenance of metadata for both front and backlist titles.
· Assessing submissions for on the PRH WriteNow Mentoring programme 2017
· Assessing submissions for on the Daily Mail First Novel Competition 2017
· High-quality proofreading and copy-editing of manuscripts, working across a range of genres from personal memoir, crime, thriller, sci-fi, fantasy, YA, children's and picture books.
· Responsible for the smooth running of the editorial department, including management of workflow and extensive freelance database, alongside invoicing of clients and end-of-month figures.
VINTAGE, PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE
· Assessing unsolicited manuscripts; writing back-cover copy; assisting with William Boyd's book signing; Proofreading typeset manuscripts.
· Reported on submissions for possible acquisition, including The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend, Katarina Bivald (Chatto and Windus, 2015).
Read and assessed manuscript submissions for publication and entires for the SilverWood Books Writing Competition (in association with Kobo).
THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLERShe was your responsibility. And now she's missing.‘I flew through this book in three days, with my heart in my mouth. Seriously page turning’ Lisa Jewell, bestselling author of THEN SHE WAS GONE ‘The term “unputdownable” gets bandied around quite often in the book world – but believe us when we say this novel is the real deal’ Heat ‘A gripping tale of friendship and... read more
'With its buried secrets, shifting allegiances, and creeping sense of dread, The Nanny pulses with tension until its shocking conclusion. I absolutely loved it!' Shari Lapena___________________Seven-year-old Jocelyn Holt loves her nanny more than her own mother.When her nanny disappears one summer night, Jo never gets over the loss.Thirty years on, now a young widow with a daughter of her own,... read more
____________________They left four children safe upstairs.They came back to three.__________________On the fifth floor of the White Caps Hotel, four young boys are left alone while their parents dine downstairs. But when one of the parents checks on the children at midnight, they discover one of them is missing. The boys swear they stayed in their room. CCTV confirms that none of them left the... read more
***AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW*** The breathtaking follow-up to the Richard and Judy bestseller NOW YOU SEE HER____________________________A SHOCKING DISCOVERY.A COMMUNITY WRAPPED IN SECRETS.A tiny island community is stunned by the discovery of a long-buried body.For Stella Harvey the news is doubly shocking. The body has been found in the garden of her childhood home - the home her family fle... read more
_________________________________Two women – desperate to unlock the truth.How far will they go to lay the past to rest? ANNA has been taught that virtue is the path to God. But on her eighteenth birthday she defies her Mamma’s rules and visits Florida’s biggest theme park. She has never been allowed to go – so why, when she arrives, does everything seem so familiar? And is there a connection ... read more
'This is grip-lit at its best' Fanny BlakeJenny has just given birth to the baby she’s always wanted. She’s never been this happy.Her husband, Leo, knows this baby girl can’t be his. He’s never felt so betrayed.The same night, a vulnerable young woman, Hannah, wakes to find her newborn lifeless beside her. She’s crazed with grief.When chance throws Hannah into Leo’s path, they make a plan that... read more
When a young woman comes forward saying she's the reincarnation of Riya Kaur, a wife and mother who vanished during the bloody 1984 anti-Sikh riots, Puri is dismissive. He's busy enough dealing with an irate matrimonial client whose daughter is complaining about her groom’s thunderous snoring. Puri's indomitable Mummy-ji however is adamant the client is genuine. How else could she so accuratel... read more
When you have nothing left, what else do you have to lose? Stuck in a soulless job in New York, sat at a barren desk and too nervous to walk past the boss’s office to get a coffee, Paul Hart’s career has hit an all-time low. So, when he’s offered the chance to fly to Paris to save his job, he’s isn’t going to ask too many questions. Tasked with securing the business of wealthy CEO Monsieur Cla... read more
Harry Holte is a former British Army Officer determined to move on from his horrific experiences in the deserts of Iraq and Afghanistan. He has barely begun to build a life for himself in London when a disastrous mistake sees his world torn apart and his only choice is to accept a security role protecting Camp Crescent, an oil exploration outpost in Southern Libya run by the mysterious Trace c... read more
'Deliciously compelling' Daily Mirror'Delightfully dark' The Times**********A golden summer, and six talented friends are looking forward to the brightest of futures - until a daredevil game goes horribly wrong, and a woman and two children are killed.18-year-old Megan takes the blame, leaving the others free to get on with their lives. In return, they each agree to a 'favour', payable on her ... read more
'Beautifully written, incredibly evocative with a real sense of place and of the sea. Heart-stoppingly tense' Catherine Cooper, Sunday Times bestselling author of THE CHALET The new pulse-pounding thriller from the bestselling author of THE MEMORY WOOD.******HOW DID IT COME TO THIS?The news doesn't strike cleanly, like a guillotine's blade. Nothing so merciful. This news is a slovenly travelle... read more
Resolutions are made Marriages are broken... A gripping domestic thriller set in The Cotswolds and perfect for fans of Liane Moriarty and Adele Parks! It started with the party... Frankie, Verity and Alice live in the idyllic Cotswolds community of White Fir Lake, but behind closed doors everyone has a secret they’re desperately trying to keep... And ended with a bang! Now, as midnight on New ... read more
A dark and unsettling psychological thriller about toxic friendship, misplaced loyalty and secrets from the past finally being revealed. A gripping new story from international bestseller Nina Manning.Your best friend or your worst nightmare...?From the moment they met as children, Sasha knew that beautiful, wealthy, and confident Caitlin would always be her absolute best friend. Sasha would d... read more
A mysterious lab. A sinister scientist. A secret history. If you think you know the truth behind Eleven’s mother, prepare to have your mind turned Upside Down in this thrilling prequel to the hit show Stranger Things. It’s the summer of 1969, and the shock of conflict reverberates through the youth of America, both at home and abroad. As a student at a quiet college campus in the heartland of ... read more
___________________'A prescient, devastating commentary on humanity's disintegrating attachment to reality and truth... Winters has written a 1984 for the 21st century. Not just a thrilling book, but an important one' Blake Crouch, author of Dark Matter and TV series Wayward Pines'A dystopia for our times' Financial Times'A wry commentary on our current era' Guardian ___________________Welcome... read more
One of them is dead. One of them is lying.Alex, Karen and Misty were an inseparable trio at university. But when Alex died suddenly, the remaining two friends could no longer look each other in the eye, knowing they both had a part to play in her death.Thirty years later, Misty and Karen have long since moved on with their lives. But when Karen thinks she sees her former friend alive, she soon... read more
A gripping atmospheric crime novel about a town on the edge of collapse, and a murder that shakes the community. Perfect for fans of THE DRY. When Daniela Cain returns to her small hometown after seven years’ absence, she finds that flooding has left the village all but deserted. She’s there to collect something she left in her childhood home, then she plans to leave. But upon entering the old... read more
In The Split, suspense master Sharon Bolton is back in her newest standalone, where a woman will go to any cost in order to hide from her ex-husband.The remote Antarctic island of South Georgia is about to send off its last boat of the summer – meaning safety to resident glaciologist Felicity Lloyd. Felicity lives in fear – fear that her ex-husband Freddie will find her. She took a job on this... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.