I have 20 years of experience editing non-fiction titles for a variety of publishing houses, namely Dorling Kindersley and Verso Books. I am the author of the award-winning 'Surrender', which won the Fitzcarraldo Editions essay prize in 2018. It has since been translated into French and Spanish. My writing has been published in The Guardian, The Los Angeles Times, The Nation and a host of other publications. Because I work as a writer, editor and proofreader, I have the ability approach the editing process with a profound knowledge of the publishing industry – from first draft to finished book. My areas of expertise are photography, art, feminism, nature, memoir and environmental writing. I work closely with authors and I have an exceptional eye for detail.
- Shortlisted for the Nature Chronicles Nature Writing Prize (2022)
- Shortlisted for the Eccles Centre & Hay Festival Writer's Award (2023)
- Winner of the Arts Foundation Environmental Fellowship & Writing Prize (2021)
- Winner of the Fitzcarraldo Editions Essay Prize (2018)
- Masters in Creative Writing from Bath Spa University. Graduated with Distinction.
I have edited and proofread a wide variety of titles for Verso Books. Some have gone on to win awards, such as James Meek's 'Private Island'. I have also copy-edited works translated from the French, such as Alain Badiou's 'Rhapsody for the Theatre' and from the Italian, such as Pier Paolo Pasolini's film script 'Saint Paul'. The list of books I have worked on for Verso is fairly extensive. Some examples are shown below.
My first book was published in 2019 with Fitzcarraldo Editions. My next book is coming out in 2025. My experience as an author lends extra depth to my work as an editor.