Close this message
Oxford, United Kingdom
A skilled and experienced editor of reference, children's fiction, gardening, travel, cookery and self-help books.
Sign up below to request a quote.
An experienced freelance editor with 12 years' publishing experience, I offer professional editorial and project management services. These include project management, manuscript appraisals, copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading.
Oxford University Press
• Managed the supply and demand of 200+ freelance suppliers for production editors within the ELT Department.
• Partnered with a web development company to develop a freelancer database for production editors.
• Managed the annual overhead freelance budget.
• Developed editorial testing of prospective freelancers and set up training for new freelancers working with OUP-specific systems.
Oxford University Press
• Assigned to manage the ELT Department's flagship online digital testing platform and interactive whiteboard tools for international Secondary schools.
• Supervised and managed 13 freelancers and in-house testers.
• Set testing schedules and monitored budgets.
• Worked closely with all product development departments to create and monitor testing schedules and adherence to procedures.
Michelin Apa Publications
• Commissioned and project managed over 30 front- and backlist titles from inception to finished copy, including layout, structural editing, copy-editing, rewriting, proofreading, Americanisation, picture research and indexing.
• Worked closely with Michelin France’s production team, writers and freelance editors.
• Advanced the publishing programme by generating new ideas and writing copy for sales and publicity materials.
Cambridge Publishing Management Ltd
• Project-managed a range of co-edition illustrated books from inception to print.
• Subjects included travel, children's literacy, cookery and lifestyle.
• Worked closely with authors, suppliers, design and production departments, freelancers and printers.
Library House Ltd
• Copy-edited and proofread literature for networking events and marketing programmes.
• Edited research reports for Government bodies on topics such as Clean Energy.
• Designed and managed subscriptions to e-newsletters and event invitations (HTML and XML).
• Created and managed an Intranet Wiki to improve communications.
Experienced writer and book editor with a passion for getting the voice and the wording just right.
D.C., DC, United States
Fantasy and science fiction specialist. I focus on the Christian submarket but also edit fiction and nonfiction for the general market.
Orlando, FL, United States