We all have a story inside us. Some of us have more than one! We don’t all have the time and patience to get the entire thing on paper, though. That’s where I can help.
I’m an award-winning author and creative writing teacher. I’ve written in multiple genres including romantic comedy, romantic suspense, urban fantasy, psychological thriller, middle grade, young adult, and cozy mystery including two cozy mystery series written under pen names for New York publishing houses. As a teacher, I’ve become skilled at helping others find their voices. Let me help you find yours as we take your story from concept or outline to finished novel.
Here’s what reviewers have had to say about my writing:
" A strong and sassy heroine shines in this exciting, sexy, and hilarious debut."
- Publishers Weekly (starred review)
"... a hard-to-put-down psychological thriller that also offers a nuanced look at a damaged woman."
- Library Journal (starred review)
"... sweet, heartwarming and hilarious, and the characters jump off the page."
- Romantic Times
"... an extremely vital and exciting novel that keeps the reader turning the pages as fast as they can."
- Fresh Fiction
"Definitely a great addition to the cozy mysteries out there and one I wouldn't mind reading again and again!" - - Community Bookstop
" . . . the characters are engaging and distinct, with complex motivations, and the pacing of the thriller is so inexorable it almost overshadows the romance."
- Publisher’s Weekly “
"Cozy fans will find all the right ingredients for a satisfying series.”
- Publishers Weekly
"Hilarious, with snappy dialog, a fantastic cast of characters, great relationships and a terrific plot..."
- Old Book Barn Gazette
"... a heartwarming, sentimental (but not in a bad way) book about the love between sisters and how you can get through anything of you have people to support you."
- Chick Lit Books
"Her writing is uniquely clever and funny . . ".
- Kings River Life
: . . . a thoroughly entertaining and fun read!"
- Fab Book Reviews
" . . . a worthy addition to the "home again" corner of the cozy world, with enough wit and moxie to warrant a return appearance."
- Kirkus Reviews
Whether your story is sweet, sexy, suspenseful, or sassy, I've got the skills to bring it to life.
- Double Rita Finalist in Mainstream Novels with Romantic Elements
- Beacon Award Winner in Mainstream Novels with Romantic Elements
- Lories Award Winner in Mainstream Novels with Romantic Elements
- National Readers' Choice Award Winner in Paranormal Romance
- Daphne du Maurier Finalist in Paranormal Mystery
- Prism Award Finalist in Light Paranormal
- Book Buyers' Best Award Finalist in Paranormal
- Booksellers' Best Finalist in Paranormal
- Colorado RWA Award of Excellence Finalist in Mainstream Novels with Romantic Elements
- National Readers' Choice Award Finalist in Mainstream Novels with Romantic Elements
Southern New Hampshire University
Write award-winning fiction in multiple genres for major publishing houses including Pocket Books and Random House.
Eileen has 6 reviews