My favorite projects include a creative approach and conceptual thinking. I have a fine arts degree from Ball State University with majors in graphic design and in photography, with a minor in painting. Since then I have worked at a textbook design company, a corporate design firm, and a web development studio. From there, I struck out on my own and have been a freelance creative for 22 years. In my spare time I practice studio arts to bring fresh ideas to my graphic work. I currently study calligraphy, stone carving and pottery.
I work both traditionally and digitally with a pressure sensitive drawing tablet. My designs are vector based so that color changes and enlarging are easily done without losing any quality. My software of choice is Adobe Illustrator.
- How Magazine
- Industrial Design Excellence Award (IDEA) Bronze
- First Place, International Council of Air Shows Marketing Competition
- National Educational Telecommunications Association
- American Corporate Identity
- Graphic Design USA Magazine
- American Graphic Design & Advertising
- Uppercase Magazine
- Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs & Special Events
- Creative Pool Shortlist, Illustration
- Creative Pool Shortlist, Typography
- Communication Arts Typography Award of Excellence
Custom illustration and lettering art services. Commissions and licensing work. Projects include cover design, spot illustrations, posters, brochures, magazine design, ad design, logo lettering and brand identity. I am a one-person LLC and have been since 1998. In addition to illustration and lettering, I perform custom type design, layout design, publication design, and logo design.