Whatever the genre of your book, high quality graphic design will make a crucial contribution to its position in the market. My role is to engage customer attention and enrich your readers’ experience. I will help your book to achieve its full potential and bring it to life.
Trained in Germany, I developed my love of logo design, typography and info design in Munich, where I worked for 10 years as a senior designer for a renowned design agency with responsibility for branding and logo developments across the cultural and service sector.
In 2013 I joined Oxford University Press and enjoyed five years with them designing the covers and interiors of a wide range of trade books, academic and higher education titles. I am proud to have provided the design for many high-profile titles, including The New Oxford Shakespeare and the award-winning Companion to Wine.
In 2017 I opened my own business and now include the OUP, National Geographic and numerous independent publishers among my clients.
Every project is different; every project is special. I am excited to learn about yours.
- Merit Award for Reference, New York Book Show 2015 Book Cover design for ‘The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations’ published by Oxford University Press 2014
- Winner of the James Beard Book Award, 2016 Text design and cover design for ‘The Oxford Companion to Wine’ published by Oxford University Press 2015
- FINANCIAL TIMES BEST ECONOMICS BOOKS 2020, Cover design for 'Bigger Government' published by Arolla Publishing
- cover and interior design for Oxford University Press, National Geographics and independent publishers.
- design and production services for both epub and print.
Oxford University Press
- book cover design for text books, academic titles and trade books
- interior design for text books and academic titles
- production and project management in collaboration with editorial and marketing
Kochan & Partner Design Agency, Munich
- branding developments from concept to completion for clients in the service and cultural sector
- art direction and production management for annual travel catalogues
Elisabeth has 26 reviews