I’ve been a book lover for as long as I can remember. As a young girl, I’d sneak a flashlight into bed to read the latest Babysitter’s Club novel late into the night. Fast-forward 20-ish years, I landed the gig of my dreams at a publishing house—Thomas Nelson Publishers. I reveled in helping authors promote their books. Working with authors who had large platforms—such as William Bennett, Lynne Spears (yes, mother to Britney!), and Donald Miller—as well as first-time authors just getting started. I got to help these authors get their books into the hands of eager readers.
Ink & Well
Ink & Well provided content development, marketing, and a wide range of creative services for companies and individuals.
Thomas Nelson Publishers
Ongoing promotion the 20 year Anniversary of the Don't Sweat the Small Stuff book series and the launch of the Don't Sweat Widsom Podcast
Kristine Carlson continues to develop and create new material to support the best-selling brand, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. I worked with Kristine to rebrand her website, launch a new podcast series, and bring fresh attention to the beloved book series.
We created a robust, multi-month campaign aimed at raising brand awareness, driving email list sign-ups, and of course, selling books!
- Facebook and Instagram ad campaign
- Weekly emails created and distributed to her list
- New merch line launched
- A free eBook created to promote increased email list signups
- Key influential blogger outreach
Broken Escalators: Funny & Frightful Lessons About Moth Eating and Moving to the Next Level
Worked with Peter Haas on this book Broken Escalators. Peter already had a well-established email list and social platform which we leveraged as part of the marketing strategy.
- Worked with Peter to create a series of blogs and emails - increased website and social engagement
- Offered bloggers the opportunity to read an ebook version for free in return for a blog post and online review
- Worked with Peter to develop original articles and used book excerpts, shared on online content websites
- Harnessed the power of his social platform with a robust social schedule leading up to book launch
Print advertising in Pastor Resources and Outreach magazine.
Online ads were run on,,, and Faith Web Network
A Clearing in the Forest (Journeys from Ayrden) by Kim Love Stump
Helped Kim launch her debut YA fantasy novel. The marketing plan for A Clearing in the Forest was designed with the goal of reaching avid YA readers, teen girls, as well as a secondary audience targeting moms of teen girls.
Social Strategy - created a robust content calendar and custom social images, in addition to the following:
- Instagram: Ran ads targeted to reach YA readers
- Facebook: Ran a contest to win a signed copy of the book with paid ads and promoted posts for the launch
- Twitter: Offered a set of free copies to ‘celebrities’ that teens follow in exchange for a mention and link
- Google Ad Campaign: Ran a series of ads to target people who are searching for YA books
- Spotify: Created a playlist on Spotify to go along with the book
- Amazon: Worked ith Kim to set up an author page
- Goodreads: Ran ads targeted to users by genre preference as well as age
Jennifer has 2 reviews