Working as a digital marketer for digital agencies as well as authors — this last part mentored by Ricardo Fayet, Reedsy's CMO. Working as a freelance for digital agencies helps me keep updated in the latest digital marketing strategies, to later apply them to what I love: helping authors marketer their books :). I have focused mainly on the following:
- Marketing plan development
- Ad campaign operation on Facebook ads and Amazon advertising
- Amazon audits (Blurb, cover, categories & keywords used)
Study, evaluation and operation of different digital marketing tools to reduce costs while achieving maximum conversion. Some tools that may be of interest to the authors: Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager.
Bertelsmann is a huge European conglomerate owner of, amongst other companies, Penguin Random House. I rotated in different business departments within the company as an internal consultant, which has taught me to take a strategic, wholistic approach to the solutions I offer. In the case of publishing, I worked in Branded Content.
Worked with Steve on the Amazon ads strategy of his book, defining the targets that would help further grow his audience while achieving the target ACOS (taking into account the book formats that sold the most).
- Average ACOS of 28%
- Paperback Amazon Bestseller rank around 1500
The author did a free promo on the first book, after which we invested in both Facebook an Amazon ads to lengthen the boost given by this free promo. We achieved an average of 2x the sales (as compared to the period prior to the promo) during the 4 following months, and an average 65% increase on profit.
Worked with Joanna Penn on her marketing strategy for all 13 of her non-fiction, authorpreneurship books, managing both her Facebook and Amazon accounts in UK and US, achieving:
- Facebook CPC in between $0.10-$0.21
- Overall amazon ACOS of 70% , and in some specific campaigns as low as 20% (note that this is a series)
- Estimated total ROI on sales of 12%, up to 88% on some books such as "How to make a living with your writing"
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.