• Managed editorial projects from ideas list through completion, providing comprehensive editing, design and photo direction, and overseeing production schedules and approvals to ensure timely, on-budget deliverables
• Created content strategy for new books, including blog and social media posts to promote new and existing titles and build topic and author awareness
• Promoted authors and books through media relations, influencer marketing initiatives, and social media management
• Wrote and edited marketing copy for press releases, media pitches, catalogs, books, and online retailers, including F+W’s direct-to-consumer stores and Amazon
• Hired and managed freelance illustrators, editors, copyeditors, and proofreaders
• Content editor and project manager, F+W Media
• Contributing Editor and parenting columnist, FamilyFun magazine (shuttered 2016)
• On-call media representative, Disney Publishing Worldwide and the Meredith Corporation (2008–2015)
Discover the primitive craft of punch needle as seen through the eyes of a contemporary artist giving the technique fresh, modern appeal. Yellow Spool's Stacie Schaat shares all you need to know to take a stab in Punched. With Stacie's guidance you'll learn: Simple tools and basic techniques can make a range of trendy home goods.Step-by-step mini-lessons that take you from beginner to pro in n... read more
In a sea of quilting project books, Flossie Teacakes' Guide to English Paper Piecing stands alone. Drawing together many disparate strands, this comprehensive guide offers up a deeper exploration of this precision patchwork craft, providing everything quilters need to know on a practical level to begin navigating fussy cutting and English paper-piecing (EPP).The most comprehensive guide to Eng... read more
Create exquisite paper jewelry with the look of copper, silver, and gold! Discover how the centuries old technique of quilling paper can give you modern, sophisticated jewelry without a high price tag. Author and quilling enthusiast Ann Martin shows you how to turn metallic-edged papers into stunning--and sturdy--earrings and pendants in The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry. Whether you're an exp... read more
Explore the timeless charm--and versatility--of an iconic block! Classic yet contemporary, Log Cabin blocks are steeped in tradition yet open to infinite possibilities. In Beyond the Block, today's top designers show you how to take the traditional Log Cabin block in new directions, creating inspired designs that embrace the past while incorporating modern aesthetics and one-of-a-kind style. I... read more
Discover the gorgeous jewelry that can only be created with kumihimo wirework! Whether new to kumihimo or looking to take your skill to the next level, Kumihimo Wirework Made Easy is the companion you need. Author Christina Larsen will show you how easy it can be to transition from traditional kumihimo materials to wirework with her expert guidance, comprehensive instruction, and inspiring des... read more
Create beautiful crafts for your home and everyone in it--no experience required! Learning how to sew has never been easier! In See Kate Sew, blogger Kate Blocher shows you how to make dozens of beginner-friendly projects with professional polish. From stylish pillows and home decor to adorable soft toys for kids and fashion-forward accessories, there is plenty to make and gift--or keep just f... read more
Style trends trickle down to girls' clothes, infusing their day-to-day wardrobes with edgy, fashion-forward pieces combined with age-appropriate styling. It’s that line of thinking that inspires this new doll clothes collection, resulting in a must-have project book with up-to-date silhouettes and fabrics that kids gravitate towards (and infused with thumbs-up sensibility from mom.)12+ designs... read more
Big, bold, impressive designs that sew together quickly and easily! Approaching quilting in a big way, Quilt Big takes the inherent beauty found in single block patterns and creates big, bold quilts, quickly and easily. Whether you're simply short on time or intimidated by complex quilts, Quilt Big will show you how super-sizing your blocks make for faster finishes and so much more!
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Book coach and developmental editor specializing in children's, middle-grade, and teen nonfiction, with 10+ years of in-house experience.
I have worked as an editor since 1998, across a range of genres. I enjoy finding practical ways to help your project shine.