I'm a professional freelance writer and author with more than 15 years experience writing and editing. I also enjoy project management, especially for unwieldy creatures like books.
Provide engaging, effective communications and marketing to individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations.
Offer expertise in marketing, fundraising, campaign planning and communications strategy.
Develop and implement social media and online marketing campaigns, manage Facebook, Google+ and Twitter feeds, monitor reputation and referral sites, manage ad campaigns, and provide public relations expertise.
- Lead internal and external marketing and communications strategies for three PeaceHealth foundations in Oregon: Cottage Grove Community Medical Center Foundation, Peace Harbor Medical Center Foundation and Sacred Heart Medical Center Foundation.
- Collaboratively integrated marketing communications across the foundations, developing efficiencies in shared resources and reducing costs, while supporting increased fundraising efforts.
- Determined optimal timing, coordination and execution of marketing communications plans—including newsletters (online and print), events, direct mail, web and social media.
- Managed and develop marketing communications budget.
- Analyzed and track metrics to determine success of campaigns.
- Supervised and hired staff, interns and freelance writers.
- Provided marketing communications resources to all PeaceHealth foundations system-wide.
- Proactively implemented consistent branding and messaging in traditional and online communications.
- Responsible for internal and external communications for Sacred Heart Medical Center Foundation.
- Provided leadership, development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies to achieve Foundation mission and business objectives.
- Identified and communicated key messages in a variety of mediums—print, web, social media.
- Worked collaboratively with hospital clinical and administrative departments.
- Managed media relations.
- Developed and oversaw events and programs designed to foster positive relationships between the foundation, caregivers, community and other organizations.
- Responsible for marketing communications budget.
- Supervised, motivated and mentored staff, interns and freelance writers.
- Awarded several marketing communications awards for donor newsletter, including two MarCom Gold Awards and a Hermes Creative Gold Award.
- Editor and leader writer for Cornerstone, the Foundation’s donor newsletter. Circulation of 9,000.
- Developed and executed successful communications plan for 2009 and 2010 Employee Campaigns, raising more than $400,000 each year, with highest employee participation in 10 years.
- Recruited, hired and managed communications interns.
- Developed and implemented monthly e-newsletter. Planned, wrote and designed monthly HTML newsletter, troubleshot technical difficulties, tracked and analyzed monthly results.
- Strategized and created marketing mailings: postcards, direct mail letters, invitations, etc.
- Researched and wrote donor proposals, cases for support, business plans and thank you letters.
- Developed, implemented and tracked social media strategy on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for effective, low-cost donor stewardship and acquisition. Provided social media training to team members.
- Shot and edited video of events and interviews to use in social media. Provided photography and graphic design services as needed.
- Provided quality commercial writing services to a variety of businesses—primarily focused on health and education.
- Created clear, engaging copy for newsletters, press releases, websites, blogs, brochures, direct mail fundraising campaigns and other marketing collateral.
- Advised clients on effective marketing and public relations strategies; provided media relations training.
- Consulted on the use of social media and emerging technologies such as blogs, podcasts, Facebook and Twitter.
- Developed websites with user-friendly navigation and design. Proficient with content management systems, databases, CSS and HTML coding. Knowledgeable about search engine optimization, monetizing websites and writing pay-per-click advertisements.
- Designed marketing collateral including postcards, brochures, books, flyers and business cards.
- Hired and supervised freelance consultants.
- Developed relationships with key university officials and spokespeople for the purpose of promoting RIT in local, regional and national media.
- Researched and wrote press releases, queries and tip sheets. Developed relationships with key media contacts.
- Successfully and consistently placed RIT in news media including The New York Times, Christian Science Monitor, New York Post, Associated Press wire, Knight Ridder, Cox and Gannett newspapers, Woman’s Day, First for Women, Women’s Health and Fitness, Arthritis Today, Contra Costa Times (Calif.) and local print, TV and radio.
- Managed and maintained University News website, overseeing continued strategy, development, design and database projects.
- Hired and supervised student and co-op web programmers. Responsible for hiring process, setting pay and conducting evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Wrote feature articles for university publications. Photographed events.
- Won Rochester PRSA PRism Award of Excellence in 2004 for interactive DVD of RIT experts and speakers.
- Established the Tiger Beat Blog: behind the scenes of RIT University News.
- Provided media training for faculty and staff members and interview preparation for TV and print media.
- Wrote and edited technical documentation. Conducted research and facilitated communication between engineering and marketing departments. Created and updated website content.
- Developed style guides for migration of large customer service knowledgebase into an Intranet. Wrote job aids, documentation and procedures for workflow and communication of technical problems.
- Wrote and copy-edited direct marketing materials, customer service catalogs and sales brochures for start-up dot com.
- Designed marketing and promotional materials including multimedia presentations.
- Staff writer and columnist for Western North Carolina weekly covering a gamut of beats—from politics and hard news to features, community events and profiles. Subscription rate increased 30 percent. Articles published in several regional papers.
- Hands-on involvement in newspaper layout, editing and proofreading. Photographed events for articles and features.
- Awarded for General News Reporting by the North Carolina Press Association and Best Newspaper by Community Newspapers.
- Managed all aspects of business, including customer relations, public relations and marketing.
- Designed original websites and redesigned existing sites for a variety of businesses.
- Actively promoted sites in multiple search engines, increasing traffic. Enhanced site ranking in search engines.
Communicate with Spirit safely and naturallyDo you get sudden insights but don’t know where they come from—or what to do with them?Are you woken up in the middle of the night without knowing why?Do you sometimes wonder if people in Spirit are hanging around you?Does the idea of talking to people in Spirit fascinate you (but maybe scare you a little bit, too)?Whether you see and sense Spirit an... read more
Friendship. Magic. Truth.Nine-year-old Cherry’s life looks perfect on the outside. Living in a great big house with a treehouse in the backyard. Surrounded by family: a brother, two step-siblings, even a foreign exchange sister. A loving mom and a geeky step-dad who offers daily science news.But every year something big happens to change her life—and it’s not always good. Now her dad lives acr... read more
Develop your own dictionary of Spirit’s signs and symbols with this easy-to-use workbook. Your dreams, intuition and Spirit often come to you in symbols. Knowing what different symbols mean to you is essential in developing your intuitive abilities. While you can ask each and every time when you receive a message what a specific symbol means, it’s much easier and less confusing to have an esta... read more
Access your intuition through meditative coloring. These 30 fun coloring pages full of everyday objects to help you unlock your intuition and build your personal symbol dictionary. Intuitive messages come to you in all sorts of ways - often through symbols that we receive in our daily lives. By connecting with your intuition, through active meditation, while coloring those images, you can find... read more
Young people's natural questions, behaviors and curiosities around sexuality create some of life's awkward and challenging moments for parents. Yet these opportunities invite parents to have important conversations - to share personal values, beliefs, and age-appropriate information with their children. There's No Place Like Home
An invaluable reference for anyone experiencing the loss of a spouse or partner. By following this detailed financial roadmap, you will save time; more effectively manage the mountain of paperwork that follows death and safeguard your financial future by making better and smarter decisions about the estate. This fourth edition includes the insights of many professionals. In addition to the aut... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
I'm a freelance editor and collaborator who worked at HarperCollins Publishers for nine years before going freelance. Non-fiction only.
Sasha is an editor and wordsmith who can help your writing project—short or long, nonfiction or fiction—reach its fullest potential.