• Attends regional and national conferences to identify potential authors with subject matter expertise and superior presentation skills.
• Signs new authors to write books and deliver professional development.
• Works closely with authors on content, scope, focus, and structure of books.
• Manages timelines of all new titles from initial contract to final manuscript.
• Worked with individual authors, agents, and scholastic organizations to develop proposals and final manuscripts for R&L's education division
• Managed ongoing relationships with current and future co-publishing partners
• Presented new projects to the editorial board and negotiated publishing agreements
• Oversaw the publishing process for each title, including serving as primary liaison with the production, design, marketing, publicity, and sales departments
Worked directly with authors during manuscript development and revision; coordinated peer review process; secured copyright permissions; copyedited and proofread manuscripts and contracts; conducted market research.
Assisted a Senior Acquisitions Editor with author and project management; corresponded with authors regarding permissions and project management; screened author and prospective author inquiries; organized interdepartmental communications.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Queer editor ▪ experience working on novels and short stories ▪ especially interested in LGBTQ+ fiction, magical realism, and YA ▪ she/her
Developmental and copy editor who has worked on 100s of titles, fiction and non, traditional and self-published, debuts and bestsellers.