I'm betting on myself and doing what I love: freelance copyediting. I work for health companies, publications, and websites; large brands; and independent book authors.
• Copyedited all print marketing materials (direct mail, insert cards, renewals, bouncebacks, brochures), online marketing (e-mails, responsive design websites, order pages), premiums, corporate communication, and press releases, often under tight deadlines
• Copyedited marketing materials
• Adhered to standard proofreading marks, various house style sheets, The Chicago Manual of Style, and Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary
• Checked for grammar, clarity, and style, as well as possible factual errors; ensured offers matched across all pieces; checked pricing, addresses, and mail codes; performed various technical checks, such as adherence to Google rules for paid search and ensuring eyebrow copy was on all e-mail pieces and clickable to drive sales
• Source-checked and flagged legal issues as a backup for primary source checker
• Kept workflow moving smoothly and assigned larger jobs for efficiency across department
• Copyedited Men’s Health magazine: Adhered to standard proofreading marks, various house style sheets, The Chicago Manual of Style, and Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary
• Checked for grammar, clarity, and style, as well as factual errors
• Copyedited four weekly editions of The Chronicle using AP style
• Evaluated incoming story ideas and performed light editing
• Was responsible for calendar, letters, blotter, and customer service
• Worked with tight deadlines under two editors
• Hired for proofreading, copyediting, research, index checks, and Americanization
• Adhere to standard proofreading marks, various house style sheets, The Chicago Manual of Style, Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, and AP style
• Completed more than 30 jobs for Raintree Steck-Vaughn Publishers (an Elsevier Company), plus multiple projects for Performance Learning Systems, HarperCollins, Book Builders, and independent parties
• Greeted passengers, answered phones, assisted clients, and made all travel arrangements for pilots, maintenance personnel, and managers
• Created layout for company manuals
• Primary responsibility was my own account, Das Awkscht Fescht
• Handled all copywriting, public relations, and logistics
• Assisted with various other projects in agency
• Copy editor, writer, and secretary for Venue, Rowan University’s monthly magazine for information and entertainment (2,000 circulation)
• Copyedited all stories, assisted with layout, and wrote stories, reviews, and op-ed columns
The United States government kicked off a war on mental illness with the introduction of the Certified Helper Program. People deemed mentally ill were ripped from their families and reprogrammed to become glorified slaves for the wealthy. With smiles pasted on their faces, helpers are here for one purpose: “Hello. I’m here to assist you.”Kyle, a high school student, is trying to get his life b... read more
Growing up the fifth child in a Mexican-American family scarred by an abusive father and a mentally unstable mother, Cristina Negrón feels scared, worthless, powerless, and alone. All that begins to change when she discovers long-distance running. It connects her to the family of runners, until at last she considers herself “the most normal person on the planet.” That is, until one terrible da... read more
Men's Health is an essential read for guys who want to look better, feel better, and live better. But Men's Health isn't just a magazine. It's the solution-for every bit of chaos, confusion, or suffering that the world can inflict on the male of the species. Belly fat. Fatheaded bosses. Exercise plateaus. Exercise excuses. Her boredom. His boredom. The fast-food menu. The wine list. We give me... read more
An insightful chronicle of the triumphant artistic career and troubled and, ultimately, tragic personal life of one of soul music's greatest legends, honestly depicts the drug addictions, disturbed relationships, and financial woes that beset Marvin Gaye's life.
Book by Penney, Sue
An overview of the beliefs and customs of Judaism, including an introduction to sacred texts, a history of the religion, important holidays, and worship practices around the world.
Explains the origins, evolution, teachings, and celebrations of the Buddhist religion.
Explores the origins, history, teachings, and celebrations of Sikhism.
Discusses the origins, history, and practice of Hinduism, including information about various festivals and celebrations.
Discusses the origins, history, evolution, and celebrations lof Christianity.
Prevention Eat Clean Magazine 2018 Recipes, Easy One-Bowl Meals/3-Day Detox
Prevention Guide Magazine 2018 Walk Away Anxiety (small) reduce your stress
How to enjoy life with diabetes and keep all your toes. As someone who has diabetes, you always worry about things that others can safely ignore. Will my blood sugar hold at night or will it drop, and I die in my sleep? Will my insulin overheat in my bag on a beautiful day out? Will I make it through long business meetings without going low? When is the right time to tell a new friend, date, o... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
My background in traditional publishing led me to specialize in nonfiction self-help/self-improvement /mind-body-spirit books and proposals.
An editorial Swiss Army knife. I've done it all for the trade market for over a decade—development editing, copy editing, and proofreading.