I am currently a Marketing and Publicity assistant at Sourcebooks in Naperville with 2 years of experience in publishing.
I am eager to help you spread the word about your book and ensure that it reaches the perfect audience! Social media, newsletter, and website optimization are my specialities, and I have 10+ years of personal experience and 2 years professional experience in this space.
I especially love to work within the genres of mystery/thriller/horror, and romance!
SERVICES I OFFER
- Graphics + Copy: Copy for social media posts and optimized graphics to post on all social media sites.
- Graphics Set: optimized graphics set in the five typical sizes associated with social media. (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Instagram Story, YouTube)
- Social Optimization: Review and consultation of your current social media sites with a detailed report about how you can optimize it to get better impressions and traction.
- Social Media Header Graphics: header and icon creation to promote your book on socials.
- Social Media Creation: I will create a social media account for you, including optimization, social header and icon, and detailed report with tips and tricks on how to reach your audience.
- Press Release: written press release about your book you can use when pitching your book.
- Online Copy Optimization: consultation and optimization of online copy; can be online book description or author bio. Includes SEO optimization for online portals.
- Influencer list curation (paired with email pitch writing/consultation)
- Email Newsletter Optimization: review and consultation of your current email newsletter, with a detailed report on how you can optimize it to get better open rates and click rates.
- Email Newsletter Starter Package: I will create a newsletter campaign for you on the platform of your choosing, create a template for your emails, and design a header and footer for your newsletter.
- Email Newsletter Graphics: I will design an email newsletter header for you to use in your newsletters.
- Newsletter Content Graphics: I will design click-able content for your newsletters to promote clicks and promote your book.
WHAT I DON’T DO:
- Send out pitches, emails or FOR authors (i.e. a personal publicist or marketer-for-hire) – I help write/optimize your pitches and targeted lists and email marketing programs, and empower YOU to do the outreach yourself (and build the skills to do it for years to come)
- You must have a completed book(s) already published or to be published soon before engaging my services
Heading complete marketing and publicity campaigns for over 3 books publishing every month. Responsibilities include: social media management (creation and optimization), e-newsletter campaigns, media pitching, influencer and blogger outreach, graphic design, and more!
Created targeted media and influencer lists for pitching and roundups. I also managed and grew all social media accounts and platforms by developing posting schedules and engaging content for all platforms. I worked on the social media accounts for multiple imprints including those focusing on horror, thrillers, and romance.
The Whisper Room campaign saw great success from heavy pitching and social media exposure to curated lists of mystery and thriller influencers and media professionals. The impact of the campaign can be seen in the multiple trade reviews received as well as landing an Amazon Editors' pick for Best Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense.
Successfully ran and launched a cover reveal marketing campaign for The Girl with the Dragonfruit Tattoo that included outreach to over 200 cozy mystery influencers with a reach of 900,000. An increase in advanced reader requests was seen as a direct result as the number in early readers grew from 126 to 338 on the day of the reveal.
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Ben Galley is a highly experienced self-publishing and marketing consultant, helping authors from around the world to publish books.
20 year veteran of Big 5 pub dedicated to helping authors with publishing strategy, platform building, and creative campaigns. Let's talk!