I'm one of the founders of Reedsy, which occupies a good 90% of my time. The remaining 10% I like to dedicate to personally helping authors with marketing, and in particular Meta and Amazon Advertising.
I have written two books on marketing: How to Market a Book: Overperform in a Crowded Market (available for free on all retailers), and Amazon Ads for Authors: Unlock Your Full Advertising Potential.
IMPORTANT: At this point, I only work with high-selling, commercial fiction authors with series that already have a proven product-market fit. If you're just starting out, or only have a couple of books out, I'd recommend you pick up my free book on marketing (see above), and/or contact any other marketer on Reedsy.
- Amazon Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands
- Meta traffic ads straight to the retailers
- Meta conversion ads to an intermediary, pixeled landing page
- Meta conversion ads for direct sales (on Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.)
- Backlist resurrection (consulting, strategy and implementation)
- Launch of a new series or pen name (for established authors only)
My typical fee for ads management is €1,000/platform/month. I may consider profit-share deals on a case-by-case basis.
HumanKind - Marketing Plan & Advertising
I drafted a marketing plan to help author Brad Aronson launch his book HumanKind. I offered ongoing advice/consultancy to help him execute the plan and ran both Amazon and Facebook ads for him.
The book became a #1 Bestseller on Amazon in several categories right after launch, when we ran a $0.99 price promotion.
Once the book had 50+ reviews, I recommended submitting to BookBub for a Featured Deal. After an initial decline, the book was then accepted for a US Featured Deal. We planned a big promo around it, which helped the book rise to the top 50 books on *all of Amazon*.
Kan Savasci Cycle - Price Promotion
Helped the author put together a price promotion to boost the first three books in his epic fantasy series, and ran Facebook and BookBub ads for him during the promo.
The Facebook ads had an average CPC of €0.08, and book 1 — Tears of a Heart — made it to the top #5 of several of its categories.
A Spacetime Tale: Launch plan and execution
Helped first-time author J. Benjamin launch his very first space opera. Designed a marketing plan and helped him execute it: ran Facebook, Bookbub and Amazon ads on top of organizing a 99c price promotion.
- Helped him build a mailing list of 2k+ people in 2 months;
- Launched A Spaectime Tale to the top 5 space opera bestsellers, and top 50 science fiction bestsellers of all time;
- Over 2,000 sales and borrows during launch month.
Culture Decks Decoded - Amazon Advertising
Started advertising Bretton Putter's paperback, Culture Decks Decoded, both on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk through an Amazon Advantage account.
We rapidly achieved a strong number of sales with an ACoS of 20% on average.
Stella Reynolds: Facebook advertising
Ran single image, carousel and canvas (collection ads) to promote a $0.99 discount on book 1.
- Cost per unique outbound click: $0.31
- ROI on sales (counting read-through): +400%
Moonshine & Magic: Facebook advertising
Tested carousel and canvas (collection) ads to promote this paranormal cozy mystery series. The goal was to both drive sales to Book 1 and signups through the author's lead magnet. Results:
- Cost per unique outbound click: $0.15
- Signups to newsletter: 150
- ROI on sales (counting read-through & KU): +50%
Ricardo has 34 reviews