I have over 12 years' experience working with publishers including Penguin Random House. I want to help you tell stories that matter to you.
• Invited by UCT to host a series of workshop seminars for the Creative Writing MA cohort of 2017
• Supervised MA thesis, which was passed in early 2021
• Lectured a semester-long second-year seminar
• Researched and developed course material for weekly seminars of ±20 students
• Seminar was highly weighted in the second-year curriculum and had to be robust, challenging, and original
• Worked with published author and literary agent, Dr Ron Irwin.
• Taught all the basic elements of writing a novel, from plot and narrative perspective to characterisation and dialogue.
• Oversaw the forum for the creative writing course.
• Edit, proofread, and assess novels and narrative non-fiction for publishing houses and literary agencies including: Penguin Random House, NB Publishers, Print Matters, and Strömbeck Literary.
• Some notable titles I have worked on include: Being Kari by Qarnita Loxton for NB Publishers; Only the Dead by Hamilton Wende for Penguin Random House; and The Delhi Deception by Elana Sabharwal.
• Edited several short stories that have been shortlisted for the PEN Awards, including by Kyne Nislev Bernstorff.
• Qarnita Loxton won the Philida Literary Award 2021.
Evy Journey, February 2023
Jehane Markham, October 2022
Austin Kaluba, February 2022
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Looking for: self-help, spiritual, poetry, non-native/translated English, graphic novels, UX design, and other related genres.
Bentonville, AR, USA
Award-winning editor of Esmé Wang, Jamel Brinkley, Anna Burns, formerly at Graywolf Press. Specialties: literary fiction, memoir, and essay.
Brooklyn Park, MN, USA