- Editorial work for big UK trade publishers as well as independents, including Headline, Sceptre (Hodder & Stoughton), Tor (Pan Macmillan), Orion, Bonnier, Unbound, Onwe and Faber Academy: structural and line editing on books pre-publication, as well as assessment of submissions from agents.
- Commissioned by Deborah Harkness to produce THE WORLD OF ALL SOULS: a six-hundred-page, fully illustrated companion volume to the bestselling ALL SOULS trilogy. This involved researching, writing and project managing the overall production of the book, leading a team of four others. The book was published by Viking, Penguin in the USA and Headline in the UK, and went on to become a top ten New York Times bestseller.
- Editorial collaboration with a wide range of literary agencies, in the UK and internationally, including Curtis Brown, Conville & Walsh, The Soho Agency, Zeitgeist Agency, Brotherstone Creative Management, Wolf Literary, Fletcher & Co: mentoring and developmental edits for their clients, both debut as well as published writers, to prepare manuscripts for submission to publishers.
- Editorial consultancy and developmental edits for independent writers around the world: working with them to bring out the full potential of their manuscripts, and to prepare them for submission to agents or self-publishing.
- Commissioned a wide range of commercial to upmarket, literary fiction for the Headline, Headline Review and Tinder Press imprints, originating and driving the publishing vision and strategy for each author acquired.
- Authors I published at Headline include No.1 internationally bestselling Deborah Harkness, Lyndsay Faye, Anton DiSclafani, Katherine Clements, Tom Vowler, Jen Williams and Kevin Brophy, as well as (for maternity cover) Eowyn Ivey's The Snow Child and Natalie Young's Season to Taste.
Fall under the spell of Diana and Matthew in the stunning first volume of the No.1 internationally bestsellling ALL SOULS trilogy. A world of witches, daemons and vampires. A manuscript which holds the secrets of their past and the key to their future. Diana and Matthew - the forbidden love at the heart of it. When historian Diana Bishop opens an alchemical manuscript in the Bodleian Library, ... read more
Marrying the vibrancy of Sarah Dunant with a gothic touch, Katherine Clements conjures the extraordinary women you never knew about in the turbulent years of the English Civil War Based on the real figure of the fascinating Elizabeth Poole, this is the mesmerizing story of two women's obsessions, superstitions, and hopes. May Day, 1646: Ruth Flowers finds herself suddenly, brutally, alone. For... read more
August 1845 in New York; enter the dark, unforgiving city underworld of the legendary Five Points...After a fire decimates a swathe of lower Manhattan, and following years of passionate political dispute, New York City at long last forms an official Police Department. That same summer, the great potato famine hits Ireland. These events will change the city of New York for ever.Timothy Wilde ha... read more
Now available in paperback, Memoirs of a Geisha meets Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon in a gorgeously vivid, fresh historical that instantly captures the imagination I am Kozaisho: Fifth daughter, Woman-For-Play, teller of stories, lover, wife, and Flower Samurai.In the rich, dazzling, brutal world of 12th century Japan, one young girl begins her epic journey, from the warmth of family to the V... read more
For readers who were gripped by the world of espionage in William Boyd's Restless, this is a compelling, unforgettable novel that brings to life the very human story behind a momentous turning point in history In Germany 1993, the Berlin Wall is down, the country is reunified, and 30-year-old school teacher Michael Ritter feels his life is falling apart. His wife has thrown him out, his new We... read more
For fans of Before I Go to Sleep and The Guilty One, a tightly spun, atmospheric, and powerful psychological suspense novel Living in a remote Devon farmhouse, Anna and her family have always been close to nature, surrounded by the haunting beauty of the moor. But when a convict escapes from nearby Dartmoor prison, their isolation suddenly begins to feel more claustrophobic than free. Fearing ... read more
From Jen Williams, author of highly-acclaimed fantasy debut THE COPPER PROMISE, comes a brand-new epic fantasy adventure in THE IRON GHOST. Beware the dawning of a new mage...Wydrin of Crosshaven, Sir Sebastian and Lord Aaron Frith are experienced in the perils of stirring up the old gods. They are also familiar with defeating them, and the heroes of Baneswatch are now enjoying the perks of be... read more
The Snow Child
Season to Taste or How to Eat Your Husband
Wildfire (July 2018) 1st Paperback
The Soldier is the first novel in the Rise of the Jain series, by bestselling science fiction author Neal Asher.Her mission is vital. Her failure is unthinkable.A corner of space swarms with alien technology, a danger to all sentient life. It’s guarded by Orlandine, who must keep it contained – as it could destroy entire civilizations. An alien intelligence shares her vigil. But she doesn’t sh... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.