DEEP DIVE AUDIENCE RESEARCH:
I provide you with behind-the-scenes data-backed research about your audience’s demographics, interests, values, reading preferences, online activity, and media purchasing habits to help you create the perfect branding voice and identity to convert readers into your customers.
DEEP DIVE COMPETITOR RESEARCH:
Using exclusive software and industry connections, I have access to collect and analyze your competitors’ strategies’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to position you as a formidable newcomer in even the most competitive niches.
AMAZON & METADATA OPTIMIZATION:
The single most important marketing asset your book can have is a strong metadata strategy. A powerful keyword strategy does more than just dramatically improve your bestseller ranking and make your book easier to find in search engines. Your metadata, especially your book description, needs to be optimized to convert even the most hesitant of shoppers into customers. In addition to all this, I will also teach you industry secrets, such as how to register for 10 Amazon book categories (instead of the usual 2 they allow) for maximum visibility.
MULTI-CHANNEL STRATEGY CONSULTING:
As a digital marketing strategist, I can advise authors on how to optimize a range of digital content marketing, including teaching authors how to best appeal to their audiences using social media, blog, website design, and email newsletters to increase engagement and build a loyal fanbase.
WHAT I WILL DO FOR YOU:
• Deep dive audience research
• Deep dive competitor analysis
• Keyword research and strategy formation
• Evaluate and help develop your profitable yet authenti author branding
• Get your book into 10 Amazon categories (rather than the usual 2 they allow)
• Write your book description (includes unlimited revisions)
• Write your author bio (includes unlimited revisions)
• Identify the most effective hashtags to reach your readers
• Identify the best people for you to target with Facebook ads
• Create 3 promotional social media/ad graphics with your cover
WHAT I WILL TEACH YOU AND DELIVER IN DOCUMENT FORM:
• The “full-funnel” digital marketing strategy, why it works, and how to use its key components to reach new readers, make sales, and create loyal, long-term fans
• Easy-to-follow instructions for running Facebook ads
• Easy-to-follow instructions for running Amazon ads
• The formula to a good book description
• The formula to a good blog tour pitch
• How and when to leverage your author website and blog to increase reader loyalty
• How using lead generation on your website can build your email list
• Which social media channels are right for reaching your specific audience
• How and when to leverage your social media accounts
OTHER VITAL MATERIALS I WILL PROVIDE:
• Author/brand identity development worksheet/questionnaire and guidance
• Recommended week-by-week launch timeline
• Media calendar template (for emails, social media, blog, etc.)
1-ON-1 MEETING **AND** 1-MONTH RETAINER INCLUDED
After delivering the marketing plan, I will happily answer any of your questions, help you brainstorm content, and cheer you on!! After I deliver all of the above materials, we will begin with a Q&A call where I will answer your most pressing questions and concerns. But that’s not all! Throughout your first month of self-promotion, you will likely have questions (and perhaps even a few surprising obstacles) that pop up as you adjust to the learning curve of self-promotion. While additional 1-on-1 calls are subject to an hourly rate ($150/hr) after the first one, I will happily provide you with unlimited free guidance to any questions you have via Reedsy messages for the following 3 weeks as well.
***Note: Because I am first and foremost a strategist and consultant, I do not run clients’ social media pages or websites. However, I will create social media graphics for you, advise you on how to best target your advertisements, and teach you how to figure out which advertisements perform best, so you can save thousands of dollars a year in hired marketing labor!
Sourcebooks is a rapidly growing independent publisher in the Chicagoland area. My areas of specialty include influencer, social media, and email marketing with equal emphasis on strategy formation, project coordination, and execution.
I have reviewed, edited, and promoted thousands of essays, stories, and poems with various publishers, magazines, blogs, and news sources.
My professionally published original work includes 6 pieces of original fiction, 15 pieces of nonfiction, and 4 poems.
In February 2021, I created Starling Media, an independent publishing company startup and consulting firm with the mission of bringing underrepresented voices in literature to the forefront of contemporary social consciousness.
Chicago Scene Magazine is the "Insider's Guide" of what to do and where to go in Chicago, providing cultural explorers with trending, hyper-local lifestyle content. In this role I trained and managed a team of social media marketing interns. I also supported sales with lead generation, lead development, proposal writing, and pitching.
The McGill Project is an arts and philosophy community that stands by three pillars: inclusive community, free thought, and creative expression. I created the Social Media Manager role here to boost event attendance and increase community membership while managing a team of photographers.
#1 Amazon bestseller in Southern Fiction
New York Times bestseller
USA Today bestseller
20-time award winner
I was hired to send free book bundles to social media influencers and bookstagrammers in exchange for them promoting Book Woman of Troublesome Creek on their online platforms.
37 influencers posted a total of 184 pieces of Instagram content.
Approx. number of unique viewers reached: 3-4 Million
89 reviews gained in 1 month
Average review: 4.5 stars
Reviews help your book rank higher in retailer search engines and helps readers decide whether or not they would like to purchase your work. (Because there is no obligation to post, this does not overstep online retailers' terms and conditions.)
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.