Lisa is a crowdfunding consultant for authors and illustrators who has helped over a hundred authors crowdfund their books.
Crowdfunding your book can feel extremely overwhelming. What many authors don’t realize is that every book launch employs the same marketing fundamental techniques used in crowdfunding – but crowdfunding condenses those marketing approaches into a 30-day campaign. I’ve crowdfunded my books on Kickstarter and have been helping authors crowdfund their books since 2017. I offer authors tools for audience building, engagement, and everything they need to become crowdfunding experts to create a sustainable book launch approach that fully funds their self-publishing investment.
– Personalized Zoom sessions together so we can dive deep into crowdfunding strategies best suited for your writing style, audience needs, and audience development progress.
– Lifetime access to a comprehensive online program full of all of the resources you need to build an audience, set up a successful campaign, and deliver everything your readers want from you. Resources are updated as crowdfunding platforms change over time.
– Audience building, engagement, and campaign strategy planning
– My experience and lessons learned from years of researching, working with over 100 authors, and experiences on multiple crowdfunding campaigns.
– Access to tried-and-true resources, podcasts, and webinars
– Group mentoring sessions where you can drop in or send in your questions beforehand for my input and feedback so that you can continue to make progress in between our individual sessions
– Input and feedback on your campaign page, reward levels, and pricing
– Copywriting to create a campaign that converts readers into backers
– Reward tiers that encourage readers to level up
– Newsletter and PR messaging templates that educate and encourage your network to back your campaign
– My tools to manage your campaign content calendar, track contacts, press, similar campaigns, and other helpful tabs to manage your crowdfunding campaign
Creating marketing strategies for audience building to launch $10k+ crowdfunding campaigns for authors
Assistant Editor at Slow Travel responsible for fielding and editing articles, Wordpress, SEO, and social media marketing
Lindsay and I share a love for nature play children's books and together we worked out a plan for her to interview a panel of nature play experts to hold a virtual summit for audience building and outreach prior to her launch. She successfully Kickstarted $10K with 175 backers!
This was the first Kickstarter I consulted on that was for a non-profit organization. Together we came up with creative ways to reward their supporters (who were new to rewards-based crowdfunding), campaign graphic design, rewards, and marketing strategy.
Ferland, Lisa, Ferland, Lisa
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
My current passion is the reimagining of the book publishing industry as a business and thriving art-form.
Los Angeles, CA, United States