Combining an arts background with a career in publishing, I specialise in book covers, internal book design (typesetting), and online promotional graphics for books.
My work tends to have a literary leaning, but I've worked on all sorts of books, from novels to poetry collections, history books to anthologies, graphic novels to photo books – for publishers in the UK (like Bonnier, Myriad, Creative Future), as well as private self-publishing clients from elsewhere in the world. And I'm always open to any new challenges you might like to send this way. The most notable cover I've designed is for The Bread the Devil Knead – shortlisted for the 2022 Women's Prize for Fiction.
If we work together, you can expect a friendly, smiley person on hand to help you through the process (always helps, doesn't it), with a prompt delivery, as well as the following for cover design:
• at least 4 cover concepts for you to choose from
• 1 finalised design, incorporating any style changes we've discussed
• a round of edits on your final design, post-proofreading, to make sure your text is just right
And for the typesetting, which includes print and ebook layouts:
• a sample layout showing you the opening pages of your book, with chapter and section headings to complement your cover
• tweaks to the design to get it just right
• a proofing PDF and time for you (or a professional) to proofread your book once it's all typeset
• one round of corrections
Then I'll apply the design to whatever medium(s) we've agreed and supply the relevant files for you to get your book out there (along with any copyright info for images used).
Sounds pretty neat, right? Hit me up with your requests!
- BA (hons) Graphic Design & Advertising
- Blue Sky Graphics 0110
Freelancing for independent publishers and individuals to provide book cover design, internal book design and typesetting, as well as promotional graphics.
Victoria has 13 reviews