• Managed editorial process from manuscript to bound book for over 15 originations and 25 foreign acquisitions per year, including foreign language guides, juvenile fiction, children’s picture books, Common Core workbooks, adult coloring books, art books, craft titles, and ESL books
• Worked with authors on originations to ensure book content quality was up to standards; developed the STEM Squad series
• Coordinated freelance copyeditors and indexers on dozens of titles per year
• Liaised with foreign publishers as well as in-house production and art departments to ensure all books met creative goals and contractual obligations
• Submitted 6–10 book proposals per quarter, complete with competition analysis
• Ensured edits were made and aligned with house style; proofread marketing materials
• Coordinated projects for over 25 staff members, including copywriters, designers, and video producers, to produce content for and associated properties
• Helped triple video production via thorough reorganization of the planning and development process
• Clients include Apress, Hachette/Perseus, Lantern Books, The New Press, Creative Nonfiction Foundation, Skyhorse Publishing, and CN Times
• Publications include Landwhale (Seal Press, 2018); When the Wolves Bite (Perseus, 2017); Denmark Vesey’s Garden (The New Press, 2017); Strangers in Their Own Land (The New Press, 2016); OS X App Development with CloudKit and Swift (Apress, 2016); App Development Recipes for iOS and watchOS (Apress, 2016); Down for the Count: Dirty Elections and the Rotten History of Democracy in America (The New Press, 2016); The Art of Cake Pops (Skyhorse, 2013); The Spirit of the Chinese People (CN Times, 2013)
As production editor I was responsible for reviewing material from copyeditors, indexers, and designers and ensuring it met our standards. I copyedited catalog and cover text and liaised with authors.
• Managed SparkLife section of, including articles, polls, and reading lists
• Hired freelance writers, assigned stories, and edited pieces submitted; wrote articles
• Worked with production editor as sole compositor of Barnes & Noble Shakespeare, a series consisting of 20 published titles; freelanced to complete series 2010–2011
The inside story of the clash of two of Wall Street's biggest, richest, toughest, most aggressive players--Carl Icahn and Bill Ackman--and Herbalife, the company caught in the middleWith their billions of dollars and their business savvy, activist investors Carl Icahn and Bill Ackman have the ability to move markets with the flick of a wrist. But what happens when they run into the one thing i... read more
In this companion volume to Brave Parenting, Krissy Pozatek, author of e Parallel Process, employs the skills she learned in wilderness therapy to show how teachers can build emotional resilience and regulation and mindfulness in their students, as well as nurture their ability to problem-solve and develop life-skills. With examples drawn from the practical experiences of Sarah Love, a fourth-... read more
Named one of the Summer Books 2018” selection by Times Literary Supplement Named one of the 17 Refreshing Books to Read This Summer” by The New York TimesA fascinating and important new historical study.”Janet Maslin, The New York TimesA stunning contribution to the historiography of Civil War memory studies.”Civil War Times Denmark Vesey’s Garden reveals that the long struggle over how... read more
"Captivating and brilliantly conceived. . . [The Hamlet Fire] will provide readers with insights into our current national politics."The Washington Post A "gifted writer" (Chicago Tribune) uses a long forgotten factory fire in small-town North Carolina to show how cut-rate food and labor have become the new American normFor decades, the small, quiet town of Hamlet, North Carolina, thrived tha... read more
Take your Office 365 skills to the next level. Master PowerShell for Office 365 to stay competitive in today’s world of highly sought after cloud management skills. With expert guidance, IT pros will learn how to leverage the muscle of PowerShell to automate many advanced administrative tasks not otherwise accessible in the Office 365 Admin Center. You will discover how to unlock configuration... read more
This book takes a humorous slant on the programming practice manual by reversing the usual approach: under the pretence of teaching you how to become the world’s worst programmer who generally causes chaos, the book teaches you how to avoid the kind of bad habits that introduce bugs or cause code contributions to be rejected.Why be a code monkey when you can be a chaos monkey? OK, so you want ... read more
Nominated for the 2018 Zora Neale Hurston/Richard Wright Legacy Award (Nonfiction)A timely indictment of the corporate takeover of education and the privatization—and profitability—of separate and unequal schools, published at a critical time in the dismantling of public education in AmericaPublic schools are among America’s greatest achievements in modern history, yet from the earliest days o... read more
By the author of Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls and a heroine of the body image movement, an intimate, gutsy memoir about being a fat womanJes Baker burst onto the body positivity scene when she created her own ads mocking Abercrombie & Fitch for discriminating against all body types--a move that landed her on the Today Show and garnered a loyal following for her raw, honest, and attitude-f... read more
This book has received the AESA (American Educational Studies Association) Critics Choice Award 2013. Through ethnographically informed interviews and observations conducted with six Black middle and high school girls, Hip Hop’s Li’l Sistas Speak explores how young women navigate the space of Hip Hop music and culture to form ideas concerning race, body, class, inequality, and privilege. The t... read more
Challenging the firmly held belief that we must brave our circumstances and endure life’s crises, You Don’t Have to Suffer emphasizes that while hurt is inevitable in life, suffering is not. The author explains that we can consciously choose how and how much we suffer over our own experiences and tragedies. We can experience our losses, hardships, and disappointments and let go of them. We lea... read more
Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to improve your embedded software and benefit from author Jacob Beningo’s more than 15 years developing reusable and portable software for resource-constrained microcontroller-based systems. You will explore APIs, HALs, and driver development among other topics to acquire a solid foundation for improving your own software. Reusable Firmware Development: ... read more
Nick the Knight isn't the greatest knight by far. Everybody knows that he's the smallest knight in the land. . . .. He's too tiny to ride a horse, can't shoot an arrow to save his life, and can't even lift his sword (it's just too heavy for a little fellow like him). To tell the truth, Nick doesn't even believe he's very brave--in fact, he's scared to death of spiders! But one day (and much to... read more
Barron's Little People Shape Books feature simply told stories that are perfect for beginning readers, or for reading aloud to preschoolers. Cut into the shapes of their main characters, these rugged and appealing board books are sure to delight little readers. In Nutcracker, children discover the beloved holiday tale of a little girl named Marie who receives a wooden Nutcracker doll on Christ... read more
Get children really excited about science with this action-packed book that puts S.T.E.M. principles (science, technology, engineering, and math) in kids' hands. When a rich patron funds a pilot program to get children involved in S.T.E.M. subjects, five students are hand-picked for the project. Some of the students are excited to be there, and some of them couldn't care less. They are led by ... read more
Reedsy is a community of top publishing professionals. Join Reedsy today to browse 1000+ profiles.
Book editor at Hachette Book Group, a Big Five publisher, specializing in psychology, sociology, self-help, and health & wellness.
Editor & book consultant with 30 + years' experience working for major trade publishers in NYC. Narrative nonfiction is my forte.